highest anxiety ever new worries !

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

highest anxiety ever new worries !

Postby Kevo5684 on May 12th, 2015, 7:59 am

I'm Male 29been twitching for yr and half and I have recently come up on a scary post in This forum and realky need some help to understand and maybe calm my mind please ! It was a post about a guy who had been twitching about a yr had some cramps and eventually got diognossed with als now the one thing that has always been reassuring to me is that 99.9 % of the people on here didn't go through the symptoms that we do ! And this poor guy did and I'm sorry but it has me extremely scared ! I always see people say we'll it's alleys clear the difference in als and bfs and it's all ways know well I don't think it's so clear please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm just going off what I see in here I have cramps lots of them I have soreness and feel like I'm outta shape and feel like my muscles aren't what they used to be I also have body wide muscle twitching and that's something else this guy had that I thaught wasn't apart of als please someone help
Kevo5684

Re: highest anxiety ever new worries !

Postby leroyb on May 12th, 2015, 9:34 am

If it's the story I think you mean there is a clear difference. He had clinical weakness within 8 months of first symptoms.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Kevo5684 on May 12th, 2015, 9:55 am

But aren't we all ways told twitching does not preeced weakness and weakness is first 8 months is a long tom and for a real hypo like myself I'm thinking ok well how long is long enough to know I thaught surely a yr but 8 months and a yr isn't that far apart I'm at yr and a half and still going thank the good Lord God . But I still worrie when I hear things like this so what should I do
Kevo5684

Postby Yuliasir on May 12th, 2015, 10:21 am

well twitching is FAR more frequent than MND therefore it could not be considered as an early sign.
We definitely DO NOT KNOW if Vince\s twitches were associated with subsequent ALS or not. Neither doctors know that I think. Yes there are about 6 to 8 % of all ALS victims who list twitching as first complain, but again, twitching is not considered as an early sign even in those studies.

Among wast majority of twitcher here we had in more than 10 years only 3 cases of confirmed ALS - in well about 5 thousand registered fellows. the rest 4997 people had twitched from few years to decades without ALS development, so I think you should still be reasured.
All 3 fellows had the same clinical picture - quick (from 3 to 8 months after they noticed twitching and become aware about their possible neurological state) and rapidly grown loss of functions. o there is no reason to doubt gebearl picture - it is still the sae. If you twitch for about a 6 to 8 months without clear anmd progressive loss of motoric functions and your EMG does not demonstrate specific issues, this is just twitching.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Kevo5684 on May 12th, 2015, 10:27 am

I have never had emg and there again is it just twitching or is it caused by something else
Kevo5684

Postby Yuliasir on May 12th, 2015, 11:29 am

look
one and a half year without any significant or even non-siignificant motor function loss or voice/speech/eating impairment in your case versus loss of hands motorics, loss of vocalisation and severe daily cramps in 3 to 6 months after initial visit to the doctor in the cases we are talking about.
I hope this difference is quite clear.

those guys ALL had diagnosis within several months after they start their follow-ups. This is TYPICAL ALS pciture - not the dispute what is first, weakness or twithcing but the fact that weakness comes soon, specific cnanges on EMG come soon, deterioration of gripping, walking, speaking ability comes quickly.
Quick loss of motor function - with or without preceding twitches, no matter, this is ALS. ALS diagnosis is not a matter of if you had or had not twitching before weakness and for how long did you twitch.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Kevo5684 on May 12th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Thanks for the reassurance
Kevo5684

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group