When your big thigh twitches...

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

When your big thigh twitches...

Postby emmie.s on May 4th, 2015, 10:42 am

I've had a bit of a hotspot on my right thigh. It's one of those BIG muscle twitches that you can't ignore. Years ago I would've worried that it meant something sinister. Today, as I just stare at my shaking, rhythmically quivering thigh, my #1 thought is...dayum girl, its time to hit the gym because that's a whole lot of shaking going on. :P
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Re: When your big thigh twitches...

Postby bobajojo on May 4th, 2015, 10:47 am

Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Kev74 on May 8th, 2015, 1:12 am

Having that right now also. It started after stress and not much sleep so I'm sure it's connected. I'm not worrying about it, but it does annoy me.
Kev74

Postby emmie.s on May 11th, 2015, 12:44 pm

Mine finally went away after an hour long gym session. After the gym, I twitched all over, as is usual and customary for our condition. Then I didn't notice it anymore! Hope you guys have a good hotspot free week.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Kev74 on May 17th, 2015, 6:08 pm

emmie.s wrote:Mine finally went away after an hour long gym session. After the gym, I twitched all over, as is usual and customary for our condition. Then I didn't notice it anymore! Hope you guys have a good hotspot free week.

I notice this also while I'm working out, especially in my calves. The thigh twitch finally went away after about a week.
Kev74

Postby jennract on June 21st, 2015, 5:35 pm

Hi all..I'm going on 5 years and haven't been back on the board in a LONG time as my symptoms were quiet or nonexistent. My current dilemma is that I'm in a major flareup especially calves and thighs. I am going through a lot of family related stress but I also started exercising regularly over the past few weeks which I haven't done for years. is it the stress and anxiety or the exercise or both? Should I keep up with the exercise and maybe at some point they will calm down again?
jennract

Postby emmie.s on June 21st, 2015, 6:19 pm

jennract wrote:Hi all..I'm going on 5 years and haven't been back on the board in a LONG time as my symptoms were quiet or nonexistent. My current dilemma is that I'm in a major flareup especially calves and thighs. I am going through a lot of family related stress but I also started exercising regularly over the past few weeks which I haven't done for years. is it the stress and anxiety or the exercise or both? Should I keep up with the exercise and maybe at some point they will calm down again?

Yes, Please Please Please keep up with the exercise. I notice that moderate exercise decreases inflammation (but increases it in the short term, hence the twitching right after the workout that we BFSers all get). You're a veteran twitcher, so you should know that it doesnt hurt to increase your electrolyte consumption (gatorade, etc) and maybe take magnesium, potassium and calcium supplements. And that anxiety fuels the twitching, so just remember its just BFS. I think in your case the stress and anxiety are doing it, and yes it will just calm down, likely after a few months in all honesty.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby jennract on June 21st, 2015, 6:47 pm

Thanks Emmie
jennract

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics