Burning Prickling Skin Sensations

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Burning Prickling Skin Sensations

Postby Jay77 on May 7th, 2015, 5:52 am

Hello all, my current situation is this, tingling begun in left hand December, spread to right hand then both feet and face, this is intermittent, my left foot was buzzing away like a mobile phone for a few days too...last few weeks skin has been prickly all over and have this horrible sunburnt skin sensation too, went to Dr, been referred to Neurologist...so it is a frustrating waiting game until I get the appointment sorted, from what I have read online it could be anxiety causing it all, and it is very hard not to be anxious with the waiting..has anyone had this sunburn sensation and dealt with it?
Jay77

Re: Burning Prickling Skin Sensations

Postby Buzznerd123 on May 7th, 2015, 11:24 am

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jay77 on May 7th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Thanks for the reply and pointing me in that direction of SFN, I will mention it to my Neurologist at my appointment.
Jay77

Postby Scboy on May 7th, 2015, 2:49 pm

I have the sunburn sensation at times. Also the he prickly feeling all over and burning mouth. All symptoms come and go in varying intensity. Have tested positive for SFN on skn biopsy. I have had good results with taking R-liporic acid. I take 300mg a day. (100mg 3x a day)Mention that to your doctor. I've had a ton of testing which all came back normal expect skin biopsy. Mine is considered idiopathic which about 50% of all small fiber neuropathies are idiopathic. Drives me nuts not to know what is causing it. Good luck and keep us updated.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jay77 on May 8th, 2015, 5:05 am

Thanks Scboy, from your symptoms it does sound very similar, I shall ask my Dr about this, both your replies have been very informative for me, as you said it is the not knowing that drives me crazy as well as handling these odd symptoms too...will update when I get news...fingers crossed positive too :) (ps..I have been taking B12 and magnesium recently so shall see if that helps too)
Jay77

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group