11 Year Anniversary

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

11 Year Anniversary

Postby Rolon on March 18th, 2015, 10:43 am

Hey group. Just wanted to say, hang in there. I just passed my eleven year anniversary. This site was a Godsend in the early days. Like many that visit, I was certain I was in my final days on earth. I even planned my funeral. Seriously! My doctor thought I was nuts and was no help.

My nueor, who didn't know anything about BFS either, noticed I had a low homocystine level or something like that and prescribed a vitamin called "Folic Acid". I take one 800 mcg OTC tablet every day. Not sure if this is what helped my condition, but it definitely didn't make it worse. Give it try. Its just a vitamin.

The twitching and worrying about the twitching often times kept me up at night. I was averaging only 3 - 4 hours of sleep each night. I started using sleeping pills. That helped.

Anyhow, after eleven years, I am not 100 % completely free of twitching, but very close. When I do have twitches, it doesn't freak me out like it did that first year.

I hope and pray for the best to all of you that are afraid and suffering from symptoms. I was there once and I survived. So can you!
Rolon

Re: 11 Year Anniversary

Postby garym on March 18th, 2015, 2:22 pm

thanks for the update....stories like yours helps the members just starting on the journey.

Gary
garym

Postby Ghayes420 on March 18th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Thanks for taking time to come back and update us on your condition.

Did you have other symptoms beyond twitching or was your only complaint twitching and a few cramps?

Thanks again for updating everyone.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby Rolon on March 18th, 2015, 9:07 pm

I had it all. Started in my left arm, in about two weeks it migrated to my right arm, then to my back between the shoulder blades.... I used to get these heavy twitches deep in thigh in the middle of night that would wake me up.... I would get night sweats, numbing of arms while sleeping, which as you can imagine caused anxiety. The anxiety caused my heart to skip a beat all of the time, I had tingling in my feet, sensations like little droplets of water hitting my feet, and oh yeah, a feeling like worms squirming around in my foot. You should have seen the look on my Dr's face when I told him that one.... :shock:

When I had my EMG where stick the pins in you, my back was on a four day non-stop twitch and the lady conducting test says to me "...sir, will you please stop the twitching in your back or we wont get a good reading" and you know what i'm thinking ".. lady, if I could stop the twitching, I wouldn't be here". They were clueless!

I felt weak like I was not going to be able to walk very far. I almost cancelled a trip to the Bahammas that we've planning for a year because I was sure I wouldn't make it back home.

I was in a low dark place. Then I found this site. Thanks for the post Garym. You were there in my early days and glad to see that you are still here. And.... I'm still here too!
Rolon

Postby edado69 on April 18th, 2015, 8:08 am

Rolon wrote:Hey group. Just wanted to say, hang in there. I just passed my eleven year anniversary. This site was a Godsend in the early days. Like many that visit, I was certain I was in my final days on earth. I even planned my funeral. Seriously! My doctor thought I was nuts and was no help.

My nueor, who didn't know anything about BFS either, noticed I had a low homocystine level or something like that and prescribed a vitamin called "Folic Acid". I take one 800 mcg OTC tablet every day. Not sure if this is what helped my condition, but it definitely didn't make it worse. Give it try. Its just a vitamin.

The twitching and worrying about the twitching often times kept me up at night. I was averaging only 3 - 4 hours of sleep each night. I started using sleeping pills. That helped.

Anyhow, after eleven years, I am not 100 % completely free of twitching, but very close. When I do have twitches, it doesn't freak me out like it did that first year.

I hope and pray for the best to all of you that are afraid and suffering from symptoms. I was there once and I survived. So can you!

Great stuff! Thank you!!!
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Postby NeedAssurance on May 4th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Been twitching since 2006 here, nice to see another long term twitcher :D
NeedAssurance
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor