Autoimmunity For Me?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Autoimmunity For Me?

Postby Xina535 on April 28th, 2015, 4:31 am

Thanks - these are not painful, but I know it's there, like when I rub my hand or my clothes rub against it, it burns a little. I took pictures and realize just now how it spread overnight. All over my back and neck. Some on my chest.

Found it kind of weird last night: our cat laid on my back as I was dozing off on the couch (I was also SO tired yesterday) and her face was like up by my neck and she sniffed around on the rash for awhile, like a dog. My husband and I thought that was so weird, she never gets close like that or sniffs around.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on April 28th, 2015, 5:46 am

Update: went to a dermatologist just now, the outbreak is from the cortisone. I asked him about why I didn't break out before, and now I stopped taking it and now I break out?? He said that is typical for cortisone, now that my hormones are trying to regulate now. He said I was in a very high dose, that he's never seen before. I was taking 100mg per day for 5 days, then 50 for 3 days, then 25 for 3 days, then 12,5 for 3 days, then 12,5 every other day and he said that is outrageous. He gives maximum 40 mg to someone who comes in with an allergic reaction. He said this outbreak will take awhile to go away, but it could spread more (like into my face) before it goes away. I have a special wash foam and cream to put on it. Still have the pics in case this is not related to the cortisone.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on April 28th, 2015, 6:02 am

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Xina535 on April 28th, 2015, 1:01 pm

I looked up pics of shingles, my breakout is different. Also these don't hurt, just when rubbing over them, like the feeling of a sunburn.

I'm kind of freaking out about something else....does anyone know if coming off of cortisone can also mess with the throat/tongue? I've been feeling weird swallowing and tongue sensations. Like as if they are a little swollen...
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics