5 years and still going

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

5 years and still going

Postby anxietysucks on April 28th, 2015, 6:50 am

So just for all those who wonder, what happened to people. We are all still here. My journey with this began 5 years ago. I no longer stress about the twitching. In fact I am pretty sure I would miss it if it was gone. I still get it all. Including the night time cramps in my left foot. In the last year I had to have my gallbladder removed, and my doctor tells me I have something called "Gilbert's Syndrome" which causes my billirubin numbers to be slightly elevated. One of the symptoms reported with this syndrome......you guess it "muscle twitching." So here I am. Still living. No it hasn't progressed to anything else. So for all those in worry, there is light at the end of the tunnel if you choose to see it......

Here's a link for Gilbert's: http://www.gilbertssyndrome.com/
anxietysucks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: 5 years and still going

Postby Ghayes420 on April 29th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Awesome and thanks for checking in! Appreciated.

Very interesting diagnosis. Nice that you were able to find that gem.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby jennract on May 25th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Anxietysucks I hope it's ok for me to chime in on your thread here. I too just came up on 5 years since the twitching began and I'm still here and it never progressed to anything worse. I just popped back on because it's been ages since I had a real flareup but the last week or so I've had major twitching and itchy tingly prickly skin all over. Trying to nail down the root cause probably not worth the effort. I started doing an intense exercise program last week as I'm totally a out of shape and that might have kick started the twitches. Maybe allergies for the skin stuff or most likely anxiety buildup working its way out. I never worry about any mnd anymore but I'd be lying if I said I completely take these episodes in my stride because I still get too fixated on it which never helps. Best wishes to everyone. Controlling the anxiety is key!!!
jennract

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group