General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Buzznerd123 on April 14th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Fibromyalgia, Small Fiber Neuropathy and pain research

Postby Ghayes420 on April 14th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Appreciate you sharing this research. Personally leaning more towards polyneuropathy in my case whether alcohol induced or autoimmune. Regardless I am getting hit with the typical sock and glove presentation of neuritis, pain, and burning in the sensory nerves.
The reduction of cannabinoids has actually helped, of course there has been a concure to reduction in alcohol as well so hard telling which one.
Of course the fasciculations continue bodywide constantly daily as well.

Thanks for sharing this quality research.

-G
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby misterjuanperalta on April 15th, 2015, 5:13 am

Ghayes420 wrote:Appreciate you sharing this research. Personally leaning more towards polyneuropathy in my case whether alcohol induced or autoimmune. Regardless I am getting hit with the typical sock and glove presentation of neuritis, pain, and burning in the sensory nerves.
The reduction of cannabinoids has actually helped, of course there has been a concure to reduction in alcohol as well so hard telling which one.
Of course the fasciculations continue bodywide constantly daily as well.

Thanks for sharing this quality research.

-G

I also get the glove sensations, but certain positions make them manifest, more noticeable or worse.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on April 15th, 2015, 2:34 pm

Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby misterjuanperalta on April 18th, 2015, 7:02 am

Here is a study regarding sfn and bfs.

http://m.neurology.org/cgi/content/meet ... ts/P01.139
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Nytviolet on April 18th, 2015, 11:37 am

Was just finally diagnosed (a few months ago) with SFN which explains so much. I've also been told I have fibromyalgia (and believe I've had it for 18+ years). My physician believes that I may have an intolerance to sugar (not the same as diabetes) and may be sending me to Mayo Clinic in the next 4-5 months. No hurries here -- I've had this crap so long that I'm trying to take it in stride.

I used to be a regular on this board, but disappeared for a while because the pervasive fear of MND on this board was starting to send me down a dark path (one which I've already walked, and do not wish to travel again). I have diminished reflexes, twitching just about everywhere (not tongue), muscle fatigue easily, limbs fall asleep easily, and I have a general malaise that fluctuates day-to-day. If anyone on here has been told they have fibromyalgia, and you also experience twitching or numbness (or even burning pain), I read a recent study showing that up to 41% of fibro patients do have small fiber neuropathy. In many cases it's idiopathic, but can often be controlled if there are underlying autoimmune factors, thyroid, glucose metabolism, etc..

Wishing everyone well!
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on April 18th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Nytviolet you may find some relief with Low Dose Naltrexone.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on April 20th, 2015, 6:30 am

Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scboy on June 20th, 2015, 10:21 pm

I think I may have a problem with sugar that is not detectable with tests. Is that possible? My blood tests for diabetes and 2 hr glucose test are normal.
I have had terrible nerve pain all over my body. I quit eating simple sugars and cut back on carbs and my pain is almost gone after only four days? I've tried cutting gluten and dairy but nothing has been as dramatic as cutting the simple sugars. Pretty excited about the results so far. I hope it is not a fluke.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Buzznerd123 on June 23rd, 2015, 3:26 am

Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on June 23rd, 2015, 9:27 pm

This may be just the incentive I need to quit sugar!!! I am a true addict in the real sense of the word. Curious NYViolet and Scoby, do you eat a lot of it? I don't have diabetes, but this could maybe explain a few things. I have similar things to NYViolet, except hyper and not diminished reflexes. Plus, I know sugar is inflammatory. It is not normal or wise to eat so much sugar. When I think of those in the late 1800's or early 1900's it amazes me that they had a couple pieces of candy for Christmas and that was about all they had in a year...unless you were Nellie Olsen and your dad owned the General Store.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on June 28th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Yes I used to eat a lot of sugar. I put a lot of sugar in my coffee and I would smack on sweets all day. I also ate a lot of carbs. I was one of those that could eat what ever I wanted when ever I wanted and never gained weight. Probably a curse because I would have eaten better had I gained weight.
Sugar definitely makes my symptoms much worse. Can't help but to wonder if my previous terrible diet has something to do with this. My local neurologist is on board with this and wants to try a detox type of treatment. Not exactly sure what yet I see him again in a couple weeks. He told me last in my appointment what many on here are saying about the gut health affecting the nervous system.
I think I'm done with Hopkins. All my tests there were normal and he labeled this cramp fasciculation syndrome. Scheduled me for a one year follow up.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby misterjuanperalta on June 29th, 2015, 3:20 am

Sugar and fat are linked, when in high concentrations & together, to neurological and other problems that can manifest in the form of BFS, Metabolic Syndrome, Small Fiber Neuropathy, Diabetes and neurodegenerative disorders. My RDW was high with low carbs, and normal with an increase in carbs. Abnormal RDW is linked to Hypothyroidism (full-blown or subclinical). I'm interested in the link between RDW and carbs.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics