6 year twitching

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

6 year twitching

Postby jey on April 14th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Six years twitching 24/7, 365, non-stop. Twitchings have been in pretty much all parts of my body, including the tongue, and the feeling of weird sensations in many parts of my body as well. The anxiety was present the first year I came down with this BFS and intensified when an acquaintance of mine died of ALS. Now I have accepted BFS as a normal part of my life and the fear and anxiety are no longer there. The neurologist i had been seeing never accepted BFS as a diagnosis nor as a legitimate condition, so he could never figure out the cause of my twitching and labeled my BFS as an unknown diagnosis. Like some people in this forum stated, the mind can cause you a lot more problems than what your BFS condition really is. Please stay well informed and spare yourself sleepless nights and anxiety.
jey

Re: 6 year twitching

Postby Ghayes420 on April 14th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Awesome Jey, thanks for sharing your story. It's too bad that your neurologist is an idiot and doesn't accept BFS as a diagnosis when myself and others have been to Mayo, Forbes, Havard Mass General, Cleveland Clinic and other top institutions in the world and they know this condition quite well although admittedly unable to identify a cause in about 90% of the cases. Again, thanks for checking in and sharing your story. I am half-way to your time frame. You have a great attitude about it all.
-Greg
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby Rainyjane on October 11th, 2015, 8:04 am

It WILL go away someday. I've been recovered 5 years. I twitched for about ten or eleven. Hugs, xxx
Rainyjane

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management