General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 23rd, 2015, 1:58 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Carpal tunnel and migraine are linked

Postby Yuliasir on March 23rd, 2015, 2:14 pm

It reminds me OHenry's character Sanderson Pratt from the famous "The Handbook of Hymen" short story: " I have no idea how the flax seed could help in case of smoke poisoning, probably it irritates some gastro-hyppopotamic nerve..." (I am not sure the quote is correct, I am doing backward translation from Russian :)), but the level of connection seems to be approx. the same for the first glance).
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 23rd, 2015, 2:58 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 23rd, 2015, 7:20 pm

I was diagnosed with the early stages of carpel tunnel syndrome by my GP back in 2009. I met all the criteria with all the tests they have you do with range of motion and the tingling sensations that came along with it. I also fit the profile, an engineer who uses a computer and keyboard pretty much all day every day. It wasn't until 2010 when I was in my holistic doctor's office and made an off hand comment about having the early stages of CTS. My GP told me I would just have to wait until it got worse and then I could consider surgery. The holistic doc just walked around behind me and felt my spine along my neck. They used one of those small rubber mallet type tools that are similar to how a doctor taps you below the knee cap to check your reflexes. She tapped on a few vertebrae and felt it again. She said to see if I noticed any difference over the next few days. I didn't give much thought to it, until the next day that is. I noticed pretty quickly into my day that my fingers were not getting the tingling sensation that I had been having for quite some time. I was back to normal. Just like that. I was pretty blown away.

I don't thing my GP was incompetent by any means. He was always very thorough in his exams and usually ran extra tests just to make sure. When I came in with BFS stuff going on he did all he could with what he was trained in. The problem is that he was not taught the things I needed in order to help with my situation. That is pretty much the case I believe it is with most conventional medicine doctors. They simply are not taught in medical school some very important things in my opinion. Had he been more educated in chiropractic maybe he would have thought to look there. If he were taught about acupuncture, maybe he would have thought to refer me. It is what it is though. Now I know about this stuff so I know to make a determination if I need to see a holistic doc or a conventional medicine doc. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying unconventional medicine is the devil. If I get a gun shot wound or into a car accident, send me to the ER. If I have something chronic going on though, I don't want a pill to make me feel better that I just need to keep going back to. I want a doctor who can help me determine what is the root cause so that I can address it. Holistic docs have some pretty cool tools at their disposal to help do this. Anyway, I just thought I would share since I was once improperly diagnosed with CTS and many others probably are too.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on March 23rd, 2015, 7:32 pm

Its funny because I have never gone to a holistic / naturopathic / integrative medicine doctor. Because I am too afraid they're going to go *too far* in their suggestions for wacky solutions. I am all too familiar with human beings incessant need to go to extremes. Its a rare person you find that understands rational, centric, moderate thinking and logic. This is why I latch onto Chris Kresser so hard. And live and breathe the conclusions he comes to. Because he's got that ability to not go off the "deep end" in either direction.

On one hand you've got traditional medicine that is grossly under-informed outside of what's in their holy bible. This renders them utterly useless for most conditions outside of a black and white pharmaceutical treatment for symptoms. They are completely inept at preventive medicine or lifestyle factors that play a role in the development of disease. On the other hand you've got naturopathic / holistic doctors who go off the deep end with their 10,000 supplements, lack of study data, and their quick answers to complex questions that nearly always include a laundry list of herbs. Neither of these individuals gives me *any* peace of mind. So again, I gravitate towards Kresser and his findings, because he lives and breathes study data, openly criticizes scapegoat medicine (like blaming everything on Lyme disease or heavy metals), and yet is willing to acknowledge where there is some data supporting these things as health problems.

I wish traditional medicine doctors could have some education on lifestyle, diet, and supplements and how they pertain to disease prevention and treatment. And I wish naturopathic doctors weren't just supplement pushers who think cancer can be cured with colloidal silver. My kingdom for a rational person in the middle! Im moving back to San Diego soon. Scripps research institute has a new "Integrative Medicine" system. Maybe they are what I'm looking for.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 23rd, 2015, 9:10 pm

I promise I am not picking on you Kevin, but I find your perspective of holistic / naturopathic / integrative medicine doctors illustrative of a crucial point I would like to make. In your perception of an entire segment of the population, just by the nature of their title, is that they go too far or "off the deep end" with things that you don't see any value in. By your own admission though you have never been to one. I don't think Buzznerd will disagree that his perception is very similar. He may or may not have gone to one to color his perceptions. Anyway, my point is this... A quote I like best sums it up. "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. If a pickpocket meets a saint, all he sees are his pockets."

Every single human being is a unique individual. Some are crooks, some are thieves, some are heroes, some are saints, and some are everything in between. When we develop a perception of a branch of medicine and then apply a blanket judgment across every single person within that branch of medicine, we are really doing ourselves (and them) a disservice. The assumptions you make in your post simply do not reflect my experiences and I have been to 5 different holistic / naturopahtic /integrative medicine doctors. Not a single one of them went on a supplement rampage with me. Each one was I have taken was thoroughly explained to me why they thought it would help me and I have in most cases noticed the benefits that were promised. I even price checked what I was paying for the supplements with Amazon to find that they were always on par.

Yes, some of the tools and techniques used by these doctors looks extremely foreign to people coming from a background and history on the traditional medicine side. Why would acupuncture make sense to somebody who has been taught that the body is nothing but a biological machine? The concept of invisible energy just seems woo woo. There is a science to it all though. Everything in nature works for a reason. There is no woo woo magic. Things we don't understand simply appear that way. Unfortunately most people won't take the time to even consider looking at this, let alone try to figure it out. Case in point, you are a very smart guy and have made some pretty dramatic assumptions without ever having tried going to a doctor in one of these fields (yes they are all slightly different). A holistic doctor does things a little differently than a naturopathic doctor and they do things a little differently than an integrative medicine doctor. None of the 5 I have been to have done things the same way. Had I gave up on the first doc and judge all of them based on him I would not be where I am today. I liked him the least of the 5, but I saw some value in what he was trying to do and gave another doc a chance.

The science behind some of what these doctors do will blow your mind away. I know mine was. We are talking game changer blown away. When you really start to look at the implications of how the acupuncture system works and what that tells you about nature and biology, well, it has to sink in when you start diving into the details. Read Michael Talbot's book 'The Holographic Universe' for more details on how the acupuncture system perfectly follows holographic mathematics principles. Remember this acupuncture system has been around for thousands of years and holographics are a 20th century phenomenon. If it is something some old Chinese dudes just made up, why does it follow the blueprint of a hologram? And then there is the diagnostic process of applied kinesiology or muscle response testing. When you really dive into the details of what needs to take place in order for this process to work you cannot ignore that there is an aspect of you that is capable of non-local subconscious communication. We have been aware of quantum entanglement for a long time. Einstein used to call it "spooky action at a distance." How many of us have really taken the time to consider that consciousness may not have a non-local aspect to it? The first time my practitioner finally told me how she was doing what she was doing it turned my world upside down. I could not deny the results we were getting though and since that time I have done a lot of additional research. It is the real deal, but it was just such a leap at first...

Conventional medicine says that the body is a biological machine and the mind is the brain. Holistic medicine turned that model on its head and was the first exposure to evidence I was given for a different model. Consciousness is very much tied to the physical brain but it is not limited to the brain and it is not confined to the brain. Just as the body's acupuncture system follows a holographic blueprint, the brain uses holographic mathematics to convert complex waveform data from the eyes into the images we see. People who have portions of their brains removed for tumors don't lose memories because memory follows the same non-locality principles. These non-locality principles are why the military was able to train people in the art and skill of Remote Viewing. They are why people can have intuitive flashes of things they can't possibly know through their physical senses, like a mother knowing her child is in trouble even though they may be hundreds of miles away. There is an entire energetic part of our health that is completely ignored by conventional medicine and it is crucial, especially for chronic conditions. There is a lot of science that explores that as well, but you don't hear about it because it is little understood.

Did you know that the DNA molecule actually captures and stores photons? Dr. Peter Gariaev did extensive work in this area and also discovered that when he removed the DNA sample from under the microscope that photons continued to form a spiral in the place where the DNA sample had been. It was called the DNA Phantom Effect. As it turns out DNA continues to absorb photons from various locations for up to 30 days. Even when he blasted the spot with liquid nitrogen, after the temperature went back up the spiraling phantom affect continued.

If that isn't weird enough, Remote Viewing research has shown that when an object is stored in a dark room with photon sensors, there is a peak 300 to 400% times the background photon levels when the object is being 'viewed' intuitively from a completely separate location. Perhaps this energy is really just photon based. Photons respond to consciousness though as the experienced meditators were able to influence a closed apparatus like the double slit experiment. Non-meditators had no notable influence. The focus and discipline of that conscious intent was a factor. That research is published. If photons can be sent to non-local distant locations through thought and intention alone, would this not explain why we can think of someone just before they call us on the phone? Photons can be encoded with information. Lasers do this today. The fact that non-local information transfer happens at all again supports Holographic Universe Theory. No, this does not mean we live in a matrix run by evil machines, but it does potentially explain how conscious intelligent energy can have a seemingly physical experience...

If you want some really cool science and a first hand chance to validate some of these things for yourself, I am here to tell you your perceptions of alternative medicine are just that, perceptions. A lot of practitioners don't get into the science of it all because they just learn to work with it all. They don't need to know how it works. They just need to know how to work with it. I dug into the science because I am an engineer and need that understanding. When I really started to find out what they were doing to get the results they were, I needed to know how on this earth that was possible. I was not disappointed.

I realize how hard it is to take a step back from preconceived notions or to re-evaluate the perspective that your experiences have led you to arrive at. There is another wise old saying, "don't judge a book by its cover." I think alternative medicine is where the real science is taking place. The science that is really going to make a difference for humanity in the long run. The amazing potential that we have within our own minds is tremendous and it is woefully undersold in mainstream society.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 24th, 2015, 10:36 am

Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 24th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Buzznerd123 wrote:I got only negative experiences with alternative practitioners either safety-wise and always efficiency-wise.
I've done electro medicine, acupuncture, reiki, cranio sacral therapy, herbalism etc under the guidance of around 5 holistic and alternative practitioners.
ALL were scams based on personal experience and other patient's feedback too. Some of them took the image of a knight in shining armor that could fix anything.
I'm all too aware of these people, of course you will argue i didn't end up with the right ones, how do you which one is right?

Not to offense you but the more i read you posts the more i believe you're a troll, honest.
I'm starting to agree with Burger on certain points regarding alternative medicine, especially emerging evidence that is not yet proven to be effective but is proven to be safe.
But your stuff... man it's like another reality, never mind medicine, your statements undermine physics as we know it.
Your arguments are so rife with fallacies and unsubstantiated claims that it's not even worth starting to debunk.
Let's just agree to disagree from now on, that's all i got to say on the matter.

No offense taken Buzznerd. You and I are are just on two different sides of a chasm and a huge perspective gap between us. I started on your side and eventually ended up on this side. It was not a walk in the park getting here and from your perspective I'm not sure there is anything that I can say to walk you over a bridge to where I am. I guess it is a path we must find on our own when we are ready. For what it's worth I promise I'm not trolling. I have some research papers for you if you dare to take a gander. One touches on most of the points I addressed above including non-locality methods used in alternative medicine, the DNA phantom effect, and how they tie into quantum holography. That paper can be found here: http://www.journaloftheoretics.com/arti ... enford.htm

The second paper is by none other than Edgar Mitchell, the 6th man to walk on the moon. He too talks about quantum holography and consciousness in his paper. It can be found here: http://journalofcosmology.com/Consciousness149.html

My statements may undermine conventional Newtonian/classical physics but they are very much in line with the quantum realm, which as you can see some scientists are beginning to take much more seriously in regards to the macro world. These questions must be asked because the gap between quantum and Newtonian/classical models for physics must be reconciled. The below quote from a paper on remote viewing sums up the physics issue nicely:

Courtney Brown wrote:We need not be dismayed that our current set of theories about physical reality are incomplete. In truth, we already knew that they were incomplete when science posited the divide between the quantum and classical realms. How can the classical realm work on one set of relativistically guided principles while the quantum realm from which the classical realm arises works on a completely different set of principles? Simply put, Philipp von Jolly’s advice to Max Planck that he should not go into physics because everything important has already been discovered is as incorrect now as it was in 1874. This is clearly not the time to celebrate how much we know, but rather to look forward to how much we still have to discover.

Albert Einstein was quoted as saying "We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us." It is arrogant to assume that we have it all figured out or that we are even on the right track with our current models. Big questions must be asked and it is the job of science to indiscriminately pursue the answers. Sometimes we make erroneous assumptions at a starting point and don't even fully understand what we are testing. This is why we must constantly go back and re-evaluate what we think we know and check it against new data. This is easier said than done as we tend to have an emotional investment in the perspectives we base our beliefs on. To even consider the possibility that consciousness does not take place inside the brain is scary to people. To consider that our thoughts can have much more of a profound influence on the health conditions that manifest in our bodies is even scarier. I was scared at first, but I dug into it the way you are digging into the conventional medicine side looking for answers. The more I learned the less scary it all was. In retrospect it is very calming and empowering.

I post this information not to troll anyone and not to preach. I am simply sharing science that is taking place that explains how and why some of the 'off the deep end' considered techniques actually work. As I said, everything in nature works for a reason. Just because it doesn't make sense under the models you are familiar with does not mean it is quackery. It just means there is gap in understanding between where you are and how it works. If we are ever truly going to learn new things and advance we need to stop judging foreign ideas and concepts as quackery before we've really given the research a chance from multiple angles.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 24th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on April 10th, 2015, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 24th, 2015, 6:51 pm

Buzznerd123 wrote:This is how your arguments sound to me sometimes, again no offense:

I got a strong theory that BFS is caused by a flying spaghetti monster dropping some pasta on us.
The pasta has a dissonant vibrational energy that messes up our chi resonances.
The pasta and and monster are invisible so when they are exposed to standard Newtonian methods of inquiry the quantum waveform collapses and it looks like it doesn't exist, but it's effects are real, the pasta has influences on health through quantum tunneling and entanglement so it doesn't have to touch you directly, the pasta particles make you sick with spooky action at a distance, it's enough for the virtual pasta particles to cross some gut epithelial molecules and boom BFS.
How do i know this? I saw it with my own eyes (all 3) as my chakras are opened (all 8 of them), there is a clear dysfunction in the aura energy that looks like spaghetti strands, it has high sensitivity and specificity for aura pastification, you might not see the same thing as you're not ready, all replications of other researchers failed as they don't have 9 dans in reiki and see stuff like me.
All you have to do is avoid exposing yourself to the sky as that's the favorite flyby area of FSM, a few weeks indoors and BFS is cured!!!!

If you don't believe me you're just arrogant and you mind is not open enough, you're not quantum specialist so your arguments are invalid, also you don't have 9 dans in reiki.
Einstein said "if you don't understand something it must be pasta" so my statements are inherently true as they are supported by a genius dude, also probably you are just a pharmaceutical company shill that wants to keep people sick and never cured of this terrible spaghetti affliction, one day you will understand what I'm saying when you're spiritually mature enough, people follow the money trail, wake up!
I dare you to prove me wrong, come with evidence that FSM doesn't exist and thus can't cause BFS.

Namaste.

It is ok to disagree but to mock goes beyond disagreement and steps into the territory of trolling.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 25th, 2015, 4:06 am

Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby crotwich on March 25th, 2015, 9:18 am

Since this discussion doesn't seem to lead anywhere, please stop.
crotwich

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics