Beginning symptoms

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Beginning symptoms

Postby crotwich on March 18th, 2015, 12:05 pm

I should probably use the search engine, but I am too lazy at the moment... I am just curious did you notice any symptoms just before developing fasics?
In my case, a few weeks before I noticed them, I have had a terrible pressure feeling behind my eyes combined with dizziness and nausea, which lasted for 2-3 weeks. At this time, I was at my annual health check up and the doctor refereed me to the neurologist to be checked for MS or brain tumor. Fortunately enough, fasics appeared, so the fear of brain tumor/MS suddenly disappeared... :)
crotwich

Re: Beginning symptoms

Postby misterjuanperalta on March 18th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Pins and needles for me.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on March 18th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Internal tremor, vibration - most notable in the middle of the night. Also, the exaggerated hypnic jerks.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on March 18th, 2015, 8:20 pm

internal tremor and vibration before it started. sometimes very intense.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby RachelLee on April 24th, 2015, 10:30 pm

The absolute weirdest thing for me, that I remember, was it starting in my sides. It felt so strange. It was spring 2009, I was about to turn 16, and I remember getting ready for a ballet recital, and just being so taken aback by the twitching/tremors I would feel along my sides, sometimes simultaneously, and other times just on the right or the left. I would tighten up and get all tense. I remember going through an insanely hypochondriac period then, too. I diagnosed myself with literally everything under the sun. I was always thinking I had a problem. And then, I started twitching EVERYWHERE, all over my body, and it made me crazy! And then, I would adjust to it and be fine and normal and they would go away (or maybe it was that I just learned to ignore the twitches) but then, inevitably, I'd start twitching again and think about it and freak out again. I'm going through one of my paranoid phases. It's coming up on 6 years for me. I'm just learning to accept it, but there are still days I panic and just wish I could be "normal." I don't know anybody personally with BFS, and that alone makes me feel alienated and stupid for getting paranoid about it and diagnosing myself with stuff. :P *Sorry, I know I rambled a bit too much here*
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Postby trustme78 on April 25th, 2015, 2:20 am

A burning sensation on the back of my hands. Then all over my body - come and go, lasting minutes to some hours. The twitching started weeks adter that. But I may have overlooked it. I was certain I had MS.
trustme78

Postby Scboy on April 25th, 2015, 5:34 am

Internal tremor insomnia and hypnic jerks for me. I had also just kicked a nicotine habit of 25 years.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leroyb on May 3rd, 2015, 4:49 pm

A patch of skin on my neck that felt sunburnt when I got into a bath. Very painful - I jumped out and checked my neck but nothing there but normal skin. Everything went to hell soon after.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby trustme78 on May 4th, 2015, 10:39 pm

leroyb wrote:A patch of skin on my neck that felt sunburnt when I got into a bath. Very painful - I jumped out and checked my neck but nothing there but normal skin. Everything went to hell soon after.

Amazing. I had almost the identical experience. It was on the back of my skull and I remember taking pictures akwardly with my mobile phone and trying to figure out what kind of sunburn/allergy I got there.
trustme78

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS