BFS Induced in Frog Legs: with Sodium

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS Induced in Frog Legs: with Sodium

Postby BFSBurger on February 28th, 2015, 8:25 am

Very interesting video. Followed by a very interesting explanation that may be applicable to many here. This may also be why a lot of us have reported improvement in symptoms by simply drinking sodium/potassium drinks like Gatorade. It very well may balance the action potential between the two chemicals, calming the twitching.

http://www.brainstuffshow.com/blog/how- ... scinating/

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Re: BFS Induced in Frog Legs: with Sodium

Postby MarioMangler on February 28th, 2015, 12:56 pm

That's really cool. Thanks for posting it.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on March 2nd, 2015, 5:31 am

Posted something similar ages ago. Interesting that only a couple of weeks ago i was reading an article on a person on life support who was diagnosed as brain stem death ....even though there were fasciculations present in various muscles at the same time. Maybe in death we may still not get any let up :lol:

http://emcrit.org/wp-content/hypoarts/f ... 0death.pdf
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 2nd, 2015, 4:54 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on March 7th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Buzznerd123 wrote:This only works for fresh frog legs sodium ions trigger some gates in the muscles and activate the leftover energy in the muscles.
If you let the legs stay around for a day it won't work anymore since the mitochondria (cell energy factories) die.
It's got nothing to do with gatorade and our stuff in my view.

Granted I am no biologist, but can you clarify why you feel sodium and potassium levels would be unrelated?

My thinking simply was that if you change the sodium or potassium environment, the muscles can and do react differently.

The death of the mitochondria after a few days doesn't negate this in any way.

In fact it supports the theory because in the applicable scenario, you're dealing with a person who has working mitochondria.

There's a lot of evidence that what we're dealing with could have factors related to sodium/potassium channel disorders.

-B-

BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 8th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on March 8th, 2015, 4:33 pm

Buzznerd123 wrote:True our condition could have something to do with sodium/potassium channels but in living beings electrolytes and channel gating are controlled extremey tightly in the neuromuscular junction.
This means that systemic status of electrolytes does influence muscle excitability and other things but supplementing if your status is ok is pointless.

Tough to say. There must be some influence of increased levels on that tightly controlled junction. More than a handful of people here have reported noticeable drop in twitching after drinking Gatorade. I'm one of them. I would be so bold as to say that my twitching (no other symptoms) decreased roughly 40 to 60% when I would have 2 glasses of Gatorade per day. And it would go right back up on the days I didn't. It was that noticeable for me. I can't explain why. But Gatorate is nothing but sodium and potassium, and my blood levels reflected mine were normal. So I wasn't deficient. Is it possible that there's a *dysfunction* in that junction, itself? Rather than just a deficiency in the blood stream? And an infusion of the proper ingredients might relieve that dysfunction a bit?

My anectodtal impression is that gatorade or even electrolyte replacements from the pharmacy do little to nothing for my symptoms (twitching and pain).

Fair enough. There are definitely different groups of twitchers here with different causes I think. Gatorade also used to contain Bromine however. No longer does. I often wondered if that was the key ingredient. Given that bromine is a central nervous system sedative (i think). They stopped including it right in the dead center of my discovery that Gatorade was helping immensely so I was super bummed. Even though its really quite bad for you :) But by that time I was on the upswing anyway. Food was a massive massive catalyst to worsened symptoms for me, and I had changed my diet drastically by that point and was seeing relief.

-B-

BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics