Symptoms getting worse

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Symptoms getting worse

Postby JMH1504 on February 19th, 2015, 10:07 am

I'm back again! It's been approximately 6 months since my last post and then be honest I'm not coping! The twitching is getting progressively worse. It is more frequent and much more pronounced than in the past and as a result my anxiety and stress is through the roof! Everyone says you need to stay calm but how can you when my arches and calves are going absolutely crazy to the extent that it wakes me/keeps me awake at night! Get more sleep, how when the twitching keeps waking me and then keeps me awake??? I'm still getting random body wide twitches as well! The twitching is accompanied by cramps (mostly in my arches) and pain as well now. I'm getting a lot of pain in my feet and legs. Have tried supplements, trying to relax, medication, hypnotism, kinesiology all to no affect so far! Going to give acupuncture a go but hesitant at the same time sticking needles into muscles that are already twitching!

I need to try and find a way to deal with this horrible condition, but I'm still searching!!! Any ideas out there???
JMH1504

Re: Symptoms getting worse

Postby kitras219 on February 19th, 2015, 12:34 pm

You have the same symptoms like me.
Do you feel tightness below knees while running?
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
kitras219

Postby Ghayes420 on February 24th, 2015, 11:03 pm

My advice, advice I cannot follow myself....

1.) See a neurologist, get the clearance.

2.) seek psychotherapy, specifically CBT.

3.) leave BFS community

4.) live life

God if it was really that easy....

But that is the formula. I am convinced.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby misterjuanperalta on February 25th, 2015, 5:42 pm

He means, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy...FYI.

Consider this - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational ... or_therapy
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby RachelLee on March 7th, 2015, 4:59 pm

Hey, I know how you feel. I've been experiencing BFS symptoms for nearly 6 years, and I'm 21! It drives me crazy sometimes, but after awhile, you tune it out and forget about it. I'll notice it, but again, after awhile it becomes so normal, that I don't notice when it acts up, and when it doesn't. But, I most definitely can relate to having a twitch/muscle spasm keeping me up! About a year and a half ago I got super paranoid when my right shoulder would NOT stop twitching one night. Kept me up til early morning, and it made me start imagining that something was seriously wrong with me. I then spent the next 3 months worrying and fussing over it, but then got so sick of that and side-tracked with college, that it started to fade away in my mind. I always feel better coming on here and reading different posts when I start getting hypochondriac about it, and it always helps, especially to know that I'm not the only person in the world experiencing it!
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS