KPU - Kryptopyorrrulurie

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

KPU - Kryptopyorrrulurie

Postby German2 on February 25th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Hi there,

I am newly diagnosed with Kryptopyrrolurie by a naturopath...This means a metabolic disorder with a lack of certain supplements, expecially B6 and Zinc....Anyone else with this disfunction?
Maybe it has something to do with my nerve irritations and compression trauma.

It would be interesting to share some experience with it!

In GErmany this disfunction is less known. Mostly in the alternative medicine...
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: KPU - Kryptopyorrrulurie

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 25th, 2015, 6:25 pm

My wife developed a severe B6 deficiency after giving birth to our 2nd daughter along with developing a gluten intolerance and some thyroid issues. Thankfully our doc was able to help her through the first two and we monitor and support the thyroid. Regarding the B6 deficiency, most doctors would see the low numbers and recommend a supplement to bring it back up. He is a little different though and likes to dig into why the body suddenly changes like that. Childbirth is traumatic on the body and it triggered a lot of things with her. She didn't have a B6 deficiency before. She was still getting plenty of protein in her diet, which our bodies convert to B6. He put her on a supplement called Chlorophyll by Standard Process. It was not cheap, but she only needed to stay on it for a while. The Chlorophyll supplement helped her body restore the balance it needed to break down and process protein the way it was supposed to and she never ended up needing to go on a B6 supplement. You may want to ask your doctor if they are familiar with any of this.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on February 26th, 2015, 2:18 am

I SecretAgentMan
I had complete breakdowns in both of my pregnancies...Nobody knew why. So maybe this is connected. I am sure, no German doctor just have a clue about supplements. Apart from those who made an aditional education. All of those tests are private based..I know go this way and have a lot of lab work done. I will look for this mentioned supplement. Thanks!
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on February 26th, 2015, 2:21 am

What is that supplement providing? I found it..! Yep...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 26th, 2015, 7:27 pm

I hope it works for you as it helped my wife.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 2nd, 2015, 5:11 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on March 3rd, 2015, 12:57 am

SAM, I wonder a bit becasue your wife's condition is 100 % expected... it is normal for pregnant and breastfeeding ladies to be deficient on B6 (and significantly) due to efect of hormones and producing of milk, of course this needs supplementation to avoid numbness and tingling, but not necessarily costly one. As for thyroid issues, medical sciense knows already for a long time about condition called 'post-labour thyreoiditis', and also it is known to be a self-remedied in about 12 month, it is believed to be a reaction of immune system of rboth presence of a baby tissues and then for severing this link after labours.

So I mean both issues are not unusual, are common, and normally do not need any specific investigation of reasons or costy treatment.

Hope your family is well and happy. Time also works for you in this case.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 3rd, 2015, 5:40 pm

Chlorophyll is not a B6 supplement... what it did was address the problem that was causing her to not be able to break protein down... I realize it can be confusing to understand the relationship because we are used to addressing deficiencies with direct replacement supplements in conventional medicine. In this case it was something in the chlorophyll supplement that she needed in order to reset and resume processing protein as we are supposed to. Acupressure was also a factor so it was not just supplement treatment alone. Doctors are all people and every person is different. Some doctors are good and some are bad. Some are even unethical but there is no one field that is immune from human nature. I cannot testify to your doctor but I can to the ones I worked with and they have done nothing but help me where my GP and neuro failed me. The alternative medicine conspiracy theories are just that. Theories. Each doctor should be evaluated on their merits and effectiveness, whether they are conventional or alternative.

Yuliasir, my wife had began to demonstrate autoimmune problems and mirrored the symptoms that many of our friends who had recently given birth. They too had developed gluten intolerance And it has been permanent for them. My wife rapidly recovered under the care of our doctor and has a normal diet again.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics