assymmetrix calf

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

assymmetrix calf

Postby wookiette on February 25th, 2015, 8:28 am

Hello,
i've not been posting for a long long time, i hoped i have stopped with fear and today i have a little fear back, so i ask for your help :-) !
I'm actually pregnant for my fouth baby and i think it could modify my judgment, as i'm very sick (nauseas eand so one from weeks) , i've left 4 kilogrammes since i'am pregnat two months ago.

So, i noticed my right calf mesured 31 cm of circonference and my left 32. It is very possible it used to be, my left leg was my "jumping led" when i practised gymnastics for years. When i cross the leg, i always put left leg under so maybe it could explain. I do not feel weekness, the left calf is just a little more with muscle than right.

Have you experienced same asymmetry ? Does is be different from atrophy ?

Thank you for reading. Excuse my english, i'm french :-) !
wookiette

Re: assymmetrix calf

Postby Yuliasir on February 25th, 2015, 10:10 am

My fitness coach who had measured tons of women of various ages and stature says almost ALL people have left leg bigger than right one.
me too.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby wookiette on February 25th, 2015, 10:59 am

Interesting yuliasir, thank you (in france fitness coaches never takes measures :-) )

I take for sewing but only a side!!!

So i will try stop my fear, i dont want to lose my time withs fears during my last pregnacy.

Thank tou, you are always here to give reassurance yuliasir :-) !
wookiette

Postby Pascal35 on February 28th, 2015, 2:45 am

Hi wookiette,

I had similar issues 15 months ago when my fear started and i was checking everything.
I am right footed but my left calf was 41cm and the right 40cm... Sometimes the difference was 0.5cm or 0.8cm but i was obsessed and was checking it all the time.
Bottom line now this difference is still the same so it means that this has always been the case.
Relax.
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group