General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Buzznerd123 on February 20th, 2015, 4:43 am

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Google cracks down on faulty health search

Postby MarioMangler on February 20th, 2015, 1:25 pm

I don't think I have ever seen a post which will help this board more than this one. The miracle cure for BFS is finally here.*

* not being sarcastic.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on February 20th, 2015, 1:37 pm

MarioMangler wrote:I don't think I have ever seen a post which will help this board more than this one. The miracle cure for BFS is finally here.*

* not being sarcastic.

at least less new BFSers obsessed with ALS :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on February 21st, 2015, 9:32 pm

Buzznerd123 wrote:http://www.wired.com/2015/02/google-health-search/

Lets hope this doesn't push sites like this one (and the health site I run) even further down and off the page just because we aren't "The Mayo Clinic"

This could be good news or it could be bad news. Its probably good news for the average joe who knows nothing about proper researching and cross-referencing.

Its very bad news for websites that aren't in the 1% who offer extremely valuable health information. Often times important information that isn't included in the narrow viewpoint the medical system holds.

For example, I was diagnosed with some pretty bad gastric reflux this past week. My first searches landed me on those "reputable" websites, where it plainly says there is nothing you can do about it except take prescription meds, stop smoking, and lose weight. Well im not fat, and I don't smoke. So I guess im f***ked right?

A little more searching and I find mountains of suggestions, tips, tricks, and dietary changes that play a huge role in alkalizing my esophagus and stomach. And its helping like nothing else could. No thanks to the medical system.

I guess my point is this: A grand total of zero out of 10 doctors played a role in helping me even 1% with my BFS. All I got from them were blind blood testing and shrugs of shoulders, mixed with some outright accusations that I was "imagining things". So I don't have a lot of faith in the medical community, nor their ability to accomplish anything outside of prescribing drugs to treat easy to diagnose diseases. If I had followed their advice, I'd still be posting here today miserable and hopeless, overrun with symptoms.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 22nd, 2015, 8:06 am

Not sure I could have said it better myself BFSB... Although I was helped by MDs, their specialties were in chiropractic, nutrition, and acupuncture. The establishment does not hold these in high regard.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on February 23rd, 2015, 9:27 am

MarioMangler wrote:I don't think I have ever seen a post which will help this board more than this one. The miracle cure for BFS is finally here.*

Agree 100%, except its more of a vaccine than a cure. If this "vaccine" was available 15 years ago I'd never even know this site existed (if it would even exist).
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics