Eye Twitching - Almost constant

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Eye Twitching - Almost constant

Postby Pascal35 on February 10th, 2015, 1:41 am

Hi All,

I haven't been active for some time as i was quite re-assured about my fears and concerns. In addition the twitching was very much reduced.
Over the past month though i am experiencing a constant right eye twitching.
When i say constant i mean several times per day. It's always there after i cough or sneeze or blink my eye with strength. It comes for around 30 secs and then goes away.
Has anyone else ever experienced something like that?

Regards

Pascal
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Eye Twitching - Almost constant

Postby Yuliasir on February 10th, 2015, 2:53 am

Almost everybody, Pascal. it is failry common thing and does not mean nothing bad.
Really.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Pascal35 on February 11th, 2015, 1:03 am

Thanks Yulia,

My biggest concerns are that its quite a long time since it started (4-5 weeks), its only in the right eye and its quite constant (several times a day).
In the general picture we are now 15 months since the day that my twitching experience started. I feel daily a few random twitches in several parts of my body but nothing seems constant and aggressive (besides the eye).

Regards
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on February 11th, 2015, 1:12 am

Well, eye twitching is one of the commonest and most persistent ever issues (probably only calf twitches are more persistent). You have some bout of fascial nerve irritation, probably due to sinus or tooth infection or some neck issue, really not life theratening.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Pascal35 on February 11th, 2015, 1:21 am

So do you think its really not connected with the general twitching situation?
It doesn't make sense
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on February 11th, 2015, 5:03 am

it depends on what you think is our general twitching situation :)

Eye twitching is a result of hyperexcitability of certain branch of facial nerve or indicates this nerve branch comperssion. The last is relatively rare as far as I understand, and failry most of the reasons for eyelid twitching is either general tiredness or stress (number 1 I think as eye twitching is practically a hallmark of stressed person in the books and movies), then infections in the sinus/tooth are provoking this hyperecitability, then it could be caused by thyroid gland disgunction (hormonal effect and physical nerve compression I think in case of thyroid-related exophtalm, however I am not sure about the very last reason).

Becasue our twitches seem to be a form of stress reaction, at least for a big percentage of fellows, then I beliebe (and experience personally) that eyelid twitch, especially if caused by sneezing, yawning or vigorous eyelid closing/rubbing, has no difference compared to other benign twitches.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Pascal35 on February 14th, 2015, 4:11 am

Hi,

My update is not good.
This morning i checked in the mirror and i realized that there is a continuous twitching in the muscles UNDER MY EYE.
It is non-stop at least for the last 4 hours since i first saw it. I can't feel it. Just check it on the mirror.
This is something different than the eye twitching i am feeling which is in the eye. This is under the eye.
Any ideas about it? I am again so nervous and scared
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on February 14th, 2015, 6:57 am

No matter, your muscles under eye are innervated by the same fascial nerve. No, duration does not manner. No, the fact you do not feel it does not matter.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS