blood sugar / twitching

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

blood sugar / twitching

Postby Kevo5684 on February 1st, 2015, 9:55 am

Hey guys need some advise ok quick run down I have been twitching for over a yr now still a little scared but now it's the other symptoms that are freaking me out ! OK so started twitching a yr ago quit exercising so much got a little depressed not bad gained about 25 lbs and I'm already a big guy , so then 3 months ago I got a bad gout attack long story short the doctor put me on some med that actually made it worse and then I went on a major diet with my wife I have always drank about 5-10 cokes /sodas a day but I quit taking the gout med it had actually went away hopefully for good but now I am having low blood sugar problems and don't want to leave this out I had my very first panic attack about a month and a half ago and I have been having extreme dizziness and light headed Ness and I see flashing lights sometimes and get cold chills when my blood sugar is low so my ? Are

1 do u think my sudden stopping soda aafter all these yrs can cause low blood sugar ?

2 does anyone else get these flashing lights dizziness light headed Ness or any of it

3 as far as the bfs goes does this winter time stuff not make your symptoms worse
Kevo5684

Re: blood sugar / twitching

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 1st, 2015, 10:21 am

I went on a special diet back in 2010 when I was in the thick of BFS. I would get light headed when I would stand up quickly and sometimes saw the spots in my vision. As it turned out I had cut out a lot of processed foods which had a lot of sodium in them. Sodium/salt raises blood pressure and apparently I have naturally low blood pressure. I started incorporating sea salt into my diet and the problem went away. I think avoiding the soda is a very good thing. There are healthier sources of natural sugars like raw honey and fruits so if you want you can use those in moderation.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on February 1st, 2015, 10:44 am

low blood sugar definitely will give you chills and light head feeling and dizziness. If you are on low carbo diet which is uncontrolled by your doctor, you may have a hell of effects inculding ketosis (your body would try to get some enegry from your fat which results in ketones like acetone as a byproduct). 5-10 cola per day is QUITE ALOT, so you may have also caffeine withdrawal effects. I agree with SAM that this is not the best source of the sugar :)))

Flashlights in the eyes need to be investigated with the doctor as usually it is a sign of bad retinal blood supply.

While having gout, you really should not withdraw from sugar but, as far as I understand the nature of the disease, you rather have to decrease proteins (meat, meat soups) and so called purin containing products - red wine, hard cheese, chocolate, coffee, tea etc. At least, if you are overweighted, your diet should be moderately depleted for charbohydrates, not excluding them at all.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Kevo5684 on February 1st, 2015, 10:56 am

The diet came as a result of not wanting gout again but my energy went away and I was blah ! I have been nailing carbs lately to no eval my blood sugar never gets about 90 I feel great when it has been so Idk I'm thinking my bidy was so use to sugar in the coke it's kinda acting weird now lol Idk
Kevo5684

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 1st, 2015, 11:30 am

Do you know your blood type? There is a book called 'Eat Right For Your Blood Type' that goes into detail about the different diets that people with different blood types do best at. For example, I am O+ and we don't do grains very well. I also need lots of protein in my diet. The book has me pretty pegged. I would recommend looking into what blood type you are and what diet factors are more important to you. If your energy levels are crashed there is something that needs addressing and it may not be what you think.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on February 4th, 2015, 11:14 am

Dropping sugar cold turkey can cause serious strain on your system. I can't make any claims as to whether it could cause panic attacks. But our bodies are really complex, and it could be a number of things. One thing I know for certain is that going cold turkey after 5-10 sodas a day for X years, is going to put your system into a state of shock for awhile. I have found that BFS gets worse when stress on the body gets worse. Whether that be due to excessive exercise, emotional tension, or dietary changes. Anything that can wear you down - can adversely affect symptoms. Dropping suger is a massive change to the system (and one of the best things you can possibly do for yourself). Keep in mind the brain and body needs sugars though. Especially immediately after exercise. Outside of those events, I believe its safe to have zero dietary sugar coming in.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management