Elbows

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Elbows

Postby bobajojo on November 7th, 2012, 7:48 am

I know the electrical looking twitches are common in the calves and feet. So many of us have that. But does anyone have it in both elbows as well? Try crossing your arms and looking at your elbows in the mirror for one minute. If I do that, I see about 3 to 4 electrical looking twitches in each elbow. Its been doing this for at least 5 months now. When I say "electrical" looking twitches, that just means that I'll see dimpling in different spots, not like the same spot pulsing. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this as well. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Elbows

Postby twitchinjohnny on December 5th, 2012, 4:21 pm

I get these kinds of twitches in my triceps, just above my elbows, all the time!
"If you're going through hell, keep going!"
Sir Winston Churchill
twitchinjohnny
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby seventhcandle on December 7th, 2012, 1:02 am

While I get twitching in my elbows frequently, I don't get the dimple-like twitches there yet. Most of the twitching I get in my arms is strong machine-gun like quivering.
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on December 7th, 2012, 3:02 pm

I just took another video of them. You can see they are very spread out (just 1 twitch every 20 seconds or so) but on BOTH elbows. It's been doing this since June.

June 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7XRx6DvExk

December 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP6oxw23 ... e=youtu.be
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby tacitus on December 9th, 2012, 2:56 am

One of the most annoying twitches I've had in my 13 years of BFS was in my left elbow. Lasted a few weeks before finally dissipating -- and this is someone who has constant fasciculations (like one every five seconds) somewhere in his calf muscles.

No fun, but they'll probably pass eventually.
tacitus

Postby bobajojo on December 9th, 2012, 7:23 am

Yeah, but I don't think mine are going to stop. These have become constant just like my calves. Its been nearly 7 months now. :?
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on December 9th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Seven months constant and no loss of msucular function of weakness in those arms with the twitching 24/7 elbows?

Why this face ---> :?

and not this face ---> :D

just messin with ya there. It is just more annoying than anything I get it. Frustrating and for you, more of annoyance than something that causes your mind to wander.

It seems like the ones in our upper body are just so much harder to ignore. i.e. a right trapezius that is pulsing non-stop, former left bicep, etc.
I just dont seem to care at all about any twitching in my calves, quads, hamstrings and butt.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby bobajojo on January 28th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Just bumping this post. In 2012 I said that I didn't think my elbows twitching was going to stop. Here we are in 2015 and they are still going every second. BUT, WAY WAY worse. I'm at work right now and I am so annoyed at the crawling feeling in my arms so I went to the Mens room, rolled up my sleeves and took a look. Holy cow, a firestorm of activity. It looked like all my muscle fibers were under attack just undulating and dimpling. I feel the bigger ones but there are so many I can't even feel. This is happening from my wrist all the way up my arm to my inner shoulder. Its like little hamsters are trying to get out of my bicep/tricep while someone is plucking imaginary guitar strings all down my forearms. I hate this *beep*.

Does anyone else have those multi-fiber twitches above their knees? When I say multi-fiber, I mean the kind that is so common in our calves with dimpling of several differnt muscle fibers simultaneiously.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby physerv24 on January 30th, 2015, 9:35 am

Matt,

I absolutely have the same type fasiculations. It was clearly seen on both neuro visits. I think that's why they pulled others into my exam for them to observe.

Vince
physerv24

Postby elliottok on January 30th, 2015, 2:23 pm

Hey Matt,

That's definitely worse than anything I experience in my upper body. It seems like my calves never stop popping - some so subtle I can hardly feel them, but I know they're there - but I don't get much of that *constant* twitching in my upper body (and thank god for that.) Also, I guess you disabled private messaging, but I created a new BFS community at http://www.reddit.com/r/bfs. I hope you and many of the other very helpful people will join in over there if you're able. I'm wanting to create a BFS community without all of the *beep* we often get over here. And since there's no verification process, we should get better participation.
elliottok

Postby bobajojo on January 30th, 2015, 3:46 pm

Its gotten progressively worse around my elbows, especially my right one. Check it out these days....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doMswcP8kkU
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby elliottok on January 30th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Wow - I can imagine how annoying that must be for you. How do you sleep at night with it going 24/7 like that? Whenever I get a real constant twitch at night I pretty much have to give up on trying to sleep. Hang in there buddy!
elliottok

Postby NeedAssurance on May 15th, 2015, 4:04 pm

bobajojo wrote:Its gotten progressively worse around my elbows, especially my right one. Check it out these days....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doMswcP8kkU

I only just recently started with the elbows
NeedAssurance
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS