The desease has me...good article

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The desease has me...good article

Postby German2 on January 27th, 2015, 3:10 am

Hi,

for everybody with chronic desease which occupies the whole mind, esp. for those with maybe autoimmune related problems,
here is s.th. interesting to read. It describes, what happens to the mind, if you don't have a desease but the desease has you....

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/ ... ng-with-me

I can relate to...
Last edited by German2 on January 28th, 2015, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: The desease has me...good article

Postby Xina535 on January 27th, 2015, 3:39 pm

I can relate! I am sure many of us can!! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading it.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 28th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Reading this brought back the whole experience I went through right to the surface. I could relate to the stress and pain of having to go through those difficult dietary exercises. Research, shopping, food preparation, and obsessing over ingredients to ensure that nothing I was sensitive to made it in. It also made me realize how incredibly fortunate I was to find the doctors that I did because they were able to help me recover 100% where she was only able to manage 80%. It is a shame that something so widespread in our society is so little understood by the professionals. You shouldn't feel like you won the lottery when you find the right doc that can help you. Thanks for the read.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS