Checking in...doing good after 2.5 years...but new tingling

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Checking in...doing good after 2.5 years...but new tingling

Postby Tobes on January 15th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Hi everybody,

after quite a while I have recently checked back to the forum again and by doing so realized that I haven't handed in my 2-year anniversary post.
And as I personally benefitted a lot from other BFS'ers update posts (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18118) I thought I'd just leave a short Hello.

So, here I am, 2.5 years after BFS onset and just over 2 years after my personal health system Waterloo (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18364).
If you're curious, go ahead and read my story and in case you're just now in an acute phase of ***-anxiety be assured beforehand that my Waterloo turned into a triumphant happy ending.

Just like your story will, if you read and trust 'BFS in a nutshell'...believe me, been there, done that. Those people are right just about everything.

Okay, so in the last 2 years my BFS has vastly improved, almost no muscle pain, much less fatigue and exercise intolerance...almost back to normal.
Almost, I have to say, because apart from a few select weeks or months the twitching never completely disappeared.
And there are times when my body seems to take physical strain decidedly less well.
It sucks, but mostly I can easily shrug it off and just ignore all symptoms altogether.
Unfortunately, recently some new BFS symptoms appeared...or so I hope.
Actually, after my archive search it seems they are only new to me and instead belong to many BFS'ers symptom inventory.

Since about 5 weeks I get weird tingling sensations in my feet, hands, arms and legs. 'Pins and needles' I guess is what this is called. They come and go and my extremities
seem to fall asleep or go numb very easily.
I have to admit, right now I am a bit stressed out about this, because I haven't experienced anything like it before.
I've had time to get used to all my other symptoms, but when something new appears the old health anxiety circle gets into motion almost instantly.

So, the archives really point to just some different BFS thing but getting some feedback from veterans would help me a great deal.
I have just some difficulty convincing myself that after such a long time and the good course this has taken for me completely new symptoms can emerge just like that.

So, if you can relate to this leave me a short note, if not, still take encouragement from my story, because apart from more or less minor irritations once in a while I'm really doing good.

And so will you, if you listen to the good people here on the forum and get rid of your anxiety and bad habits.

BFS is just BFS.

It is benign and you have a very good chance for improvement or even full recovery.

Best to all of you,

Tobes
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf!
Tobes

Re: Checking in...doing good after 2.5 years...but new tingl

Postby leaflea on January 16th, 2015, 12:16 am

Hi Tobes! I don't think I'm a vet yet(at what point is someone a vet?), but I've had a lot of the bfs symptoms that's for sure and can speak to this one. I had it a tiny bit before bfs (especially noticeable while pregnant, but I don't think you can relate to that), but it exploded since bfs. Nice to hear from you again! Yours is an important story here! Glad to hear you are still doing well. When something new appears, we do go right down that old anxiety/fear pathway don't we? Need to work on making a new path - literally a new neural pathway for the brain and figuratively, just finding our way.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on January 16th, 2015, 6:38 am

Tobes ive had the exact same thing for a number of years ...holding my arms out ...like pushing a shopping troll or just carrying a shopping bag, holding my knife and fork etc and my hands /fingers start to tingle intensely then go numb, which means i have to shake them about a lot. Like the rest of this stuff its a case of it becomes part of you.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on January 20th, 2015, 1:52 pm

Get get the same thing. Tingling all over like I've been rolling around in fiberglass insulation. It seems to get better immediately after I eat. I had my fasting glucose checked and normal. Don't really have any advice except you're not alone with that symptom. It's new to me as well.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group