wearing heals!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

wearing heals!

Postby Sadface on January 9th, 2015, 3:29 am

Hi again all
A question for those who wear heals. ....
I have had twitches in foot arches for well over 12 months. It doesn't overall bother me now.
As all twitching, the left side is worse.
Left foot is slimmer than the right but not concerned about atrophy as it's not got worse in 18 months that I noticed it.
Anyway, my question. ....

I do get aches and mild cramps in my foot arch. I feel the need to rub them a lot.
Well when ii wear the slightest of heals, it gets even more ache and twitches. It makes my ankle feel weaker.
I get the answer is stop wearing heals...but I'm wanting to know of this is experienced by anyone else
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: wearing heals!

Postby Jenna on January 10th, 2015, 12:10 am

I get something similar. Like you, when wearing the slightest of heals, either my ankle will hurt or I get the sensation that my leg is about to cramp. The arches of my feet don't bother me. Actually, about 3 months ago, was wearing heals at work and my leg cramped so bad on the outer side of my leg about 3 inches above the ankle. It was so bad I had to go sit in my car and I limped for a week because it was so sore from the cramping. I went out and bought a basic flat shoe to wear. Hope I get past this because I love to wear wedges but afraid to after the ad cramping. :cry:
Jenna

Postby Jenna on January 10th, 2015, 12:12 am

Bad cramping, not ad cramping.
Jenna

Postby Sadface on January 10th, 2015, 12:49 am

So its not just me then :-)

Thought about getting so dort of gel pad or heat pad to put on my foot arch
But nit sure if they make such a thing.
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenna on January 10th, 2015, 8:00 am

Yeah, it sucks. Why not try buying some arch support insoles to put in your shoes? Just google that and you'll see plenty of options. And then maybe try a normal foot heating pad or just a regular heating pad at night. I know they also make heating pads for your feet where you can just slide your whole foot in the heating pad.

Hope we both can get our heels back. :D
Jenna

Postby Sadface on January 10th, 2015, 10:09 am

Oh I didn't realise that they made them. Thanks!
ThInk I need one for hand now x
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby hpc on January 10th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Hey Sadface, just to reassure you I am the same with high heels! Or any new footwear for that matter. If I wear heels out for a night I am in bits for days afterwards...legs achey and arches popping like fireworks. I usually take ibuprofen when my legs are aching after heels and it helps a lot. It's not just heels though, if I wear new/not often worn shoes and walk a bit in them one day it can set my legs off.
Also if I do any sort of stretching of my legs (I mean the most basic, prepping for a run type stretching) my legs and feet go NUTS. for days! I've just accepted my muscles are uber sensitive/excitable. Oh, I should mention I've had this for 12 years ;) !!
HPC
hpc
Interested
Interested

Postby Sadface on January 11th, 2015, 3:41 am

Thank you for that.
My feet are very sensitive too. They twitch like crazy after a little jog, or when I kneel down.
They also ache every morning and I find I rub them a lot with my other foot. Crazy hey.
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group