Random Thought on Two sides of the same coin

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Random Thought on Two sides of the same coin

Postby RIno468 on January 5th, 2015, 12:29 pm

A little perspective and how ironic it is --

I workout a lot -- im pretty fit -- workout 2-3 times a week and do martial arts / wrestling 2-3 times a week... so I go to some fitness sites and here is what I have discovered...

They have the same issues:

Muscle twitching

Muscle weakness on one side

Size differences in arms hands legs and feet --

But they aren't even worried about it at all -- no *** is mentioned at all -- just

"happens to me too"

Their attitudes are so much different than ours -- I just thought I was funny...
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Random Thought on Two sides of the same coin

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 5th, 2015, 9:20 pm

A wise observation. Perspective is everything. From your greatest joys in life to your deepest, darkest fears, they are all perspective and they can all change based on how you decide to define them in the story of your life.

There is a story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.
"Maybe," the farmer replied. The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed.
"Maybe," replied the old man. The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Maybe," answered the farmer. The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "Maybe," said the farmer.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on January 6th, 2015, 5:09 pm

as a former college football player, I have spent a ton of time in the gym, and I have to say that I have always twitched to some degree while/after lifting. It only bothered me when it started and wouldn't stop. Prior to that, I would laugh and show my buddies. Very common in the weight room to see twitching muscles.
garym

Postby Ghayes420 on January 6th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Felt I should chime in being a former college football player as well.

Twitching always was with me as I hit the gym hard for several years. Did more power lifting and my joints are paying for it now.

But once that right tricep twitch hit over three years ago they haven't stopped. All over 24/7, never a days break.

Gotta love BFS.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on January 7th, 2015, 10:26 am

I can also relate as a former Tecmo and Super-Tecmo Bowl player. The long hours I spent in the gym (video-game room) and the strain on my eye muscles via trying to keep my eyes open without blinking for as long as possible I believe led to my initial left eyelid twitch and BFS onset. Either that or it was all the gluten I was eating.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on January 7th, 2015, 12:25 pm

johnnythejet wrote:I can also relate as a former Tecmo and Super-Tecmo Bowl player.

gotta love that Tecmo Bowl!!! If we weren't on the field, in the gym or in class, chances were we were playing tecmo bowl.
garym

Postby raindog on January 7th, 2015, 7:21 pm

johnnythejet wrote:I can also relate as a former Tecmo and Super-Tecmo Bowl player. The long hours I spent in the gym (video-game room) and the strain on my eye muscles via trying to keep my eyes open without blinking for as long as possible I believe led to my initial left eyelid twitch and BFS onset. Either that or it was all the gluten I was eating.

As usual Johnny a great post :lol:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on January 7th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Walter Payton on Tecmo basically made you unstoppable. It really wasn't fair. I heard he was on an all gluten diet through college.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group