New year, same fear :-/

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New year, same fear :-/

Postby Sadface on January 4th, 2015, 4:00 pm

Happy new year to you all.
Hope worries have not git in the way of the festive time of year.

I've spent the last 10 days with resurfacing worries. Same twitching issues as previous posts. However, new hand cramps and still the atrophy concern.
Wondering if these concerns will ever go. I just wish I could have tests to check symptoms, rather than only having or nary doctors view.
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New year, same fear :-/

Postby Jenna on January 4th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Happy New Year!

How long have you had the atrophy going on and is just in one hand, ever had an EMG? What were you told about the atrophy by your doctor?
Jenna

Postby Sadface on January 5th, 2015, 12:05 am

Primary gp said won't refer me to neuro So no emg.
Atrophy they dismiss and feel my hand is slim
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenna on January 5th, 2015, 12:28 am

I read some of your older posts. So you have been concerned about atrophy for over a year (im assuming it's in the same hand)? Please correct if I'm wrong on the time frame. Do you trust your doctor? I'm sure if what your doctor thinks is just one hand being slimmer than the other, wouldn't he/she have noticed the progression of the atrophy and also maybe some associated weakness by now?
I understand your worry because I too have health anxiety (like many people here). Just thinking if I'm correct on how long you've been worrying about this same hand, I am sure by now you'd have much more going on other than atrophy/what your doc calls a slim hand.
Hope that gives you some peace of mind?
Jenna

Postby Sadface on January 5th, 2015, 12:55 am

Thanks for your time to read.
It is the same hand but I also have spoken of concerns re my foot and side of tongue. Twitching on the whole has been every day for 14 months at least.
It's when I get a new sensation that I worry. Eg the cramp feeling. I say cramp feeling as it's more of a dull ache continuously.
When I put arms on floor to do yoga type pose, my hand is soar as I feel I have no cushion on my thumb pad. I also have wrists that feel restocked but do more.

How long have you been twitching an here on bfs?
Sadface
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenna on January 6th, 2015, 12:21 am

I started twitching about a month ago about two weeks after I started taking a low dose of Zoloft. Not sure Zoloft is the cause. I also get the cramping feeling as well in my legs but this been going on off and in for years. I either get actual cramps or my legs are sore for no reason or I get the sensation that my legs are about to cramp. Your twitches sound like they have been sporadic (tongue, foot, etc) over the last 14 months. I think this is reassuring because I think of such diverse areas of twitching is way less worrisome than like one specific hot spot of twitching that then starts to show weakness.
I think you are fine, yes twitches are annoying, precursor to something sinister, I definitely don't think so. :D
Jenna

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group