Question about twitching while flexing

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question about twitching while flexing

Postby hkwak002 on December 31st, 2014, 8:09 pm

Hello All,

I found two days ago that when I am flexing or putting strength on my calf a muscle starts jittering. It doesn't do this AFTER flexing but DURING the flex. When I let the flex go it stops. Does this happen to any of you? I just worry because I am afraid it jitters while I am flexing it because it is getting weak. I remember reading a long time ago that if you start twitching, flex your muscle and it'll go away, that works for me but this is different so I am worried. It was also a jitter I couldn't feel. My left side is the worst, so when I put weight only on the left leg, it shakes and vibrates, not my right. Does this also happen to anyone? My issues seem to be divided down the middle of my body, my right side is fine but my left side is affected a lot. Does anyone have a limb or a side where something similar like this happens? Any comments would be appreciated, thank you.
hkwak002
Interested
Interested

Re: Question about twitching while flexing

Postby RIno468 on January 5th, 2015, 12:27 pm

yep -- happens to me -- I think that's just natural in the same way if you try and hold your hands still both your hands shake -- one maybe could shake on the other.

Im not a doctor just a hypochondriac on the internet but if you are right handed -- this theory makes sense..

Your right side doesn't jitter or shake as much because your right side is dominant so when you're flexing -- it isn't a big deal -- but your non dominant side is flexing for all its worth thus causing strain on your side therefore causing the shake.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Question about twitching while flexing

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group