Twitches in more than one spot at a time?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitches in more than one spot at a time?

Postby Xina535 on December 28th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Does anyone know if it's a good or bad thing if you are twitching in two different limbs at the same time? Or is this common and not significant?

Tried searching this before posting, but I am just a bad searcher on here I guess! I try to get the phrase to show up in the results, but no luck.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Re: Twitches in more than one spot at a time?

Postby veryworried123 on December 28th, 2014, 6:38 pm

According to what I was told by the Nero it doesn't matter how much or where you twitch or how
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby MarioMangler on December 29th, 2014, 1:05 am

Isn't twitching in more than one place pretty much just what BFS is?
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on December 29th, 2014, 1:44 am

I meant, in different spots at the same time. Not just jumping around from here to there.

Thanks for your input!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby veryworried123 on December 29th, 2014, 1:53 am

yes we know and yes we have been told it make no difference
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby readytocheckout on December 29th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Hi Xina

Actually twitching in multiple places at the same time, and all over twitching that might not be at the same time but in any case is all over, is something I was told is a good sign as it is so atypical of mnd. That came from a gp and a neuro. As much as I hate twitching I am kind of glad that its behavior hasn't really changed in over 18 months, some days are worse than others but it's still so random and typical of bfs. I had a few blood tests recently and a couple of them came back a little on the high side, (ck & liver function). My parathyroid is also now almost at the top of the range so that might explain some of the strange symptoms I've been getting lately.

Anyway what you describe sounds so typical for bfs and especially from anxiety (coming from someone who knows anxiety only too well!). Also I do twitch in multiple places at the same time, not everyday but often enough. The rest of my twitching never gives me a break. Email me if you need to.

G
readytocheckout

Postby Xina535 on December 30th, 2014, 5:56 am

readytocheckout wrote:Hi Xina

Actually twitching in multiple places at the same time, and all over twitching that might not be at the same time but in any case is all over, is something I was told is a good sign as it is so atypical of mnd. That came from a gp and a neuro.

This helps me a lot to know! I thought it meant that things are getting worse. I hadn't twitched in more than one spot since I started twitching, it had just bounced from one spot to the next, and recently found it's been all over my body, constant, in way more than one place at the same time. On top of it, I've developed these random tics/jerks, where a whole limb will jerk away from my body, just one time, but Happening more and more every day. Arms, legs, my abdomen and even my jaw. I am attributing them to the high, high anxiety I'm dealing with right now.

I am sorry to hear about your Levels. I will E-Mail you. Thank you.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby readytocheckout on December 30th, 2014, 6:18 am

Xina535 wrote:I thought it meant that things are getting worse

Maybe it is getting worse, the bfs that is. A number of posts I've read here seem to show that things can settle down with time, but after almost 2 years for me it's not showing any signs of settling down at all. It's nuts, sometimes it's a single twitch, other times it's like a fish out of water, sometimes there's pain, then it buzzes, and on and on it goes. Now that some of my bloods have come back not so good my doc is starting to take some notice but whatever is going on with my bloods may have nothing to do with twitching. Even my Vit D is low and I take 2000IU per day.

I also have limb jerks, my wife says that they also happen when I'm asleep and they were also picked up in a recent sleep study. I'm sure all my twitching and stuff is shaking some bolts loose somewhere (probably between my ears!).

I'm sure you're fine, just like me you need to try really hard to deal with the anxiety. I read in one of your posts about possibly spending some money at an anxiety website, IMHO, if it was me, I would rather spend the money on a professional who could help me cope with the situation and coming months - I did do that and despite my ongoing worry it really did help, even just to help the time pass.
readytocheckout

Postby Xina535 on December 30th, 2014, 7:42 am

I hope it is just the BFS getting worse. I had many good weeks in the past year, I have to say. Twitching was way less, weak leg was better and I felt free. New scary symptoms with mouth, throat and pain/weak arm, more intense twitching and more of the Body jolts just threw me back into the Panic circle of hell.

I am one step ahead - I didn't pay for the calmclinic.com Service, instead, I made a new appt with a brand new cognitive therapy psychotherapist today, for 2-Jan (very surprised an appointment was available so soon). I am hoping this sort of therapy can help me. The other therapists I've been do didn't do this.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on December 31st, 2014, 11:23 am

When BFS first started for me, I freaked the first time I had a twitch in my shoulder immediately followed by one in my thigh. Then they started happening simultaneously and I freaked even more. Now, 3.5 years later, there are times when I can't even count how many areas on my body are twitching simultaneously. I will often be laying in bed with several areas on my back, both biceps, both shoulders, both thighs all going gangbusters with some tongue thumpers thrown in. Its all part of a hyperexcited nervous system.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on January 1st, 2015, 11:36 am

Thanks! When this started happening for me, I got very worried.

My left shoulder and arm have been going non-stop for a couple weeks, while other twitches will happen elsewhere. With my arm being in a lot of pain with several tender spots and even burning pain, I'm thinking these particular twitches are "different" than the random ones and are related to whatever this pain is. The arm is weak too. Going to orthopedic when they re-open next week.

Is it worrysome if twitches happen while being active? I've been trying to tell if this is happening, but it's hard to feel if there are twitches when moving. But these twitches in my left arm don't stop after moving the muscles for a second or so before starting up again, like my other ones. They also are not affected or lessened by the Flexeril like the others seem be.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management