Question - eye and face

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question - eye and face

Postby thequestion1 on December 29th, 2014, 1:41 pm

So I finially had an emg 2 weeks ago which was clean. That was nice and helped my anxiety a lot. A few days later I have been dealing with intermittent upper eyelid twitching in one eye and some other facial twitches. The eye twitches can be induced through closing my eyes tightly or sneezing, but never seem to persist more than 20-30 seconds. The face twitches are also brief and intermittent and are not localized to any side of my face.

My legs, feet, calves, arms also twitch on and off intermittently and I have no weakness. But the facial twitches really get to me and trigger my anxiety. The timing *beep* me off because I felt great after my emg and now feel a real spike in my anxiety. Can anyone relate to this?
thequestion1

Re: Question - eye and face

Postby misterjuanperalta on December 29th, 2014, 2:54 pm

I can. Face and tongue twitches bug me a lot.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby thequestion1 on December 29th, 2014, 3:18 pm

I assume these are just bfs symptoms and nothing to worry about, correct?
thequestion1

Postby Ghayes420 on December 29th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Yes, absolute par for the course and the symtpoms most all of us experience on a daily basis. No worries.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby thequestion1 on December 29th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Ghayes420 wrote:Yes, absolute par for the course and the symtpoms most all of us experience on a daily basis. No worries.

That's what I am thinking as well. Since I am still twitchin in many other parts of my body, it's unlikely to be a chronic hemifacial spasm disorder or anything else more serious. At least that is my thinking. My neuro didn't seem concerned when I told him that I have intermittant face twitches in different spots on both sides. I have even had scalp twitches. Nothing constant though.
thequestion1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management