Now cramping

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Now cramping

Postby German2 on December 27th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Hi,

after 2 years of symptoms, 18 month of twitching, a lot of clean clinicals, partly clean EMGs (one hand is not ok), I know start with cramps. I waited several days if it goes away again. But it stays...it is mainly in the left twitching foot and shint. Ok, I was always prone to cramps, even when I was a child. I could not do some sports because of this. First it were my feet, later my fingers when eating. But in the last 2 years for me it eased my mind that I did NOT have cramps (except some in my hands a few times)..now they are there. This is not goot for my mental health :shock: at all...
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: Now cramping

Postby garym on December 28th, 2014, 11:00 am

I get severe cramps all the time....after 2 years of twitching, you have nothing to worry about...well except how to get that cramp out of your muscle :')
garym

Postby German2 on December 28th, 2014, 11:35 am

Thanks again Garym for answering me...it's 18 month of twitching, 2 years symptoms, but anyway I broke the 12 month line (for the statistic believers ;-) - but also my mnd expert told me to be on the save side after 12 month..) I have nowadays more or less only this focal twitching in one foot, which is now in the "about-to-cramp mode", together with the shin, is now buzzing sometime and feels somehow a bit numb. I have quite rare twitches in calfes, in the back or arm or face. .A few per day. Unlike most of you I did not get the full-blown bodywide twitching...This was just a period of time. Now it is just mainly that foot, which was the first limb to twitch from the beginning. Whatever that means...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on December 28th, 2014, 5:15 pm

I'm sorry you have cramps now. :( I have these "about to cramp" feelings of just general pain and I have thought to myself to that as long as I am not cramping...

I been having these feelings more lately since it got really cold. That may have soemthing to do with it?

I do know they are common, and a couple cramps in 2 plus years is probably better than most people, even those without any health issues, so hopefully this can ease your mind a bit.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on December 29th, 2014, 3:59 am

Hi Xina,
well, to be honest, I feel awful in general. If it's not ...something else is ruining my body anyway. I have pain in my knee (inner damage is proofed), so that I s.t. can hardly walk, I have this shin splints (painful), pain in my wrist, meanwhile pain in my foot joints sometime, pins and needles and twitching in my left foot, both of my hands get numb during nights now, acutally problems to swallow...I feel like a wandering scrapyard. And I have this degenerative spine syndrom but curiously hardly no back pain. Not that I want to add that to my list....
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on December 29th, 2014, 6:07 am

Sorry you have all of these things happening. It does sound like you were diagnosed with an awful lot of things, from your previous posts as well.

Trying to distinguish what you were diagnosed with from the symptoms you listed.

Do you have a list of the illnesses/syndromes you were diagnosed with up until now, that you can share?
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on December 29th, 2014, 9:17 am

sent you a pm...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on December 31st, 2014, 2:47 am

..My lower legs feel more and more powerless and I bump them more and more against doors...What chance do I have that this is all benign...? Hopint that this is just due to my hashimoto...

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEARS CELEBRATION.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on January 1st, 2015, 11:41 am

Hi, and happy new year! I hope you were able to enjoy the celebration somehow. I can't say if the cramping or bumping of feet has to do with that or the other things you have, so I really hope the doctors can get you an answer soon!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby seanrblock on January 5th, 2015, 11:32 am

Hello-

You sound exactly like me. I never had cramps until maybe year 2 or 3. Then I started getting them in my feet, then it went to hands and them my abdominal muscles. I also had some in my jaw that I remember. My cramps happened both provoked (pointing toes) or unprovoked (abs cramping up in a store). I would get them daily. I would get a cramp in my hand if I used a screwdriver, they would burn then cramp. Mine were bad for about 3 or so years, then FINALLY they just pretty much stopped. My abdominals would cramp if I sneezed or sat up from laying down. They are all gone now. You can read my old posts, I have been on here for a long time and talked about them too. Hope they calm down for you, make sure you are drinking a lot of water (i force myself) and getting lots of sleep. Good luck!
seanrblock
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on January 6th, 2015, 1:42 am

Thank you all...I wouldn't mind if it would be just that cramp-thing...it is that my lower legs feel strange somehow. Sometimes week, sometimes numb. I bump my feet against corners now and I have those dents in my right shin....I am scared. What else could this be...? The EMG of my calf muscles was ok a few weeks ago...but this cannot help me.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on January 9th, 2015, 10:47 am

Neuropathic pain in hands and arms is back, very strong...! Grip of my left hand gets weak again. I have developed symmetrical dents on the inner side of my wrist...which hurt sometime. I still bump my left, twitching and vibrating foot against the furniture. My hashimoto docs is sure that I have s.th autoimmune, for I had complementfactor c3 reduced one time, when I felt very sick (for all who know about it).One Neuro sent in my blood yesterday for a genetic testing of "Hereditary Neuropathy with liability to Pressure Palsies"...I don't believe the latter for I have not yet paresis.
It's 18 month of twitches (more or less focal in my left foot) I am into know..My road is long and winding...I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I tell myself...If I have passed 2015 somehow with same status, I am over the top. But I do not know exactly. As long as I do not know the name of the beast I don't find my peace.
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group