Nearly three years, new tongue fasciculation.Fear!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Nearly three years, new tongue fasciculation.Fear!

Postby Labrie on December 17th, 2014, 10:42 am

I have twitching since 2 years and 11 months. Emg clean at 6 months.
My fasciculations are mainly concentrated in calves. I can induce easily(for example if I press hard). Although since 2 months I have a hotspot in the forearm, 24/7, non-stop, almost can not see, very small.
I was almost overcome fear, but 4 days ago appeared one fasciculation of the tongue. 8 months ago I had another fasciculation but lasted 6 hours.
I'm a little scared. The new fasciculation lasts a few seconds and disappears, although today at a time lasted more than 5 min. The rest of the day is intermittent.
As you can see in the video it looks like a fasciculation / Myokymia eyes.
https://vimeo.com/114773667
After almost three years, I can feel calm? I still fear that after three years I can start with the dreaded disease.
Some of you have had an fasciculation and tongue? I must be calm?
Sorry for my English. I am Spanish! Thanks a lot!
Labrie
Interested
Interested

Re: Nearly three years, new tongue fasciculation.Fear!

Postby bobajojo on December 17th, 2014, 11:50 am

That is absolutely nothing to worry about. I get those types of tongue twitches all the time and was able to show it to my neurologist. He said, "that is of no concern to me and is consistent with neural hyperexciteability (BFS)". Don't worry about it.

Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Labrie on December 17th, 2014, 11:54 am

I think that after three years, I have no reason to worry, three years are sufficient to rule out the terrible disease?
Anyway the movement and rhythm reminiscent of a Myokymia eyes, and as I have understood the myokymia are benign, true?
Labrie
Interested
Interested

Postby Pascal35 on December 23rd, 2014, 3:23 am

Labrie,

I must say that i have EXACTLY the same twitch which is happening at the same spot in my tongue for the last 6 months (randomly).
To be honest it is relieving to see other people having the same "benign" twitch.

It feels a little bit tingly when it happens. It also happens generally after i irritate my tongue. Lately when i am stressed i always bend and play with my tongue so i guess that i am irritating it and this twitch happens...
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on December 26th, 2014, 2:59 pm

bobajojo wrote:That is absolutely nothing to worry about. I get those types of tongue twitches all the time and was able to show it to my neurologist. He said, "that is of no concern to me and is consistent with neural hyperexciteability (BFS)". Don't worry about it.

Matt

Matt's the man to listen to....take this advice
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on January 1st, 2015, 8:14 pm

I am going through the same thing right now. Out of the blue I have a hotspot on my tongue. I have gotten tongue twitches before, infrequently, maybe a day or two of random ones, but now the same one is happening again and again, once a minute or so. And I can induce it by squeezing my tongue.

And, I'm 3.5 years into BFS. So like you, I've lived with it a while. For some reason, the tongue scares me so much. If it's just a little over on my lip, I completely brush it off nowadays, but my tongue is like a different beast altogether. I'm trying to memorize what Matt's neuro told him.

Oddly, enough my twitching had seemed to slow down a lot lately (not stop of course, but less intense and frequent) and now this....starting on New Year's Eve. Fun stuff!!

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group