Smile and shaking muscles

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Smile and shaking muscles

Postby thequestion1 on December 19th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Any of you have trembling muscles in cheeks and eyes when smiling for longer than like 10 seconds? This symptom is quite annoying to me. Is there any technique or tip anyone has figured out to deal with this?
thequestion1

Re: Smile and shaking muscles

Postby Jocruz on December 22nd, 2014, 9:33 am

I have this... my face feels tingly 24/7. When I use the muscles they tremble. Part of bfs
Jocruz

Postby thequestion1 on December 22nd, 2014, 4:54 pm

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Does your trembling come and go i.e. Good days and bad days. My face just feels strange, a bit fatigued, but not weak. This symptom really gets under my skin. I've basically gotten over the sporadic twitches on my quads, calves, feet, etc, but the facial ones bother me a lot
thequestion1

Postby Jocruz on December 22nd, 2014, 5:07 pm

Yea, I have good days and bad days. I don't know what upsets my bfs and makes me have a bad day but I'm currently trying to figure it out. I have all sorts of issues. Trembling face, numb hands when waking, twitches all over, tremors, brain fog, fumbling over words, choking on phlegm, ibs. Its a neverending story. The thing that keeps my anxiety from spiking is that I know that if I had ALS then there would be no good days or bad days. Honestly, I think most people have thesee issues. We're just really in sync with our body's due to our hypersensitive nerves. Keep your chin up. It will all be ok.
Jocruz

Postby jamesw20m3 on February 11th, 2015, 4:25 pm

I too have a rhythmic facial tremble with flexion of my muscles aroung my nose and between my eyes such as when I wrinkle my nose up. I can feel the pulsation of the muscles. When they relax it's gone. Freaks me out a bit too. I'm in this now 14 months and no weakness just twitches, twitches, twitches and muscle fatigue/burning with use, fatigue, etc.
jamesw20m3
Interested
Interested

Postby thequestion1 on February 21st, 2015, 4:35 pm

Yes this symptom unnerves me more than all others combined. My twitches in my face have subsided a bit, however, still a lot of tension and trembling when I contort my lips in certain ways. I really hope this isn't more serious than BFS.....
thequestion1

Postby Jocruz on March 6th, 2015, 3:07 pm

My tremors are most noticeable in my face and in my hands... like everything else... I have good days and bad days.
Jocruz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management