question

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

question

Postby thequestion1 on December 13th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Hi all, been twitching sporadically for about a year. I have had 2 neurologists give me thorough clinical exams which they found absolutely no dysfunction whatsoever and ruled out ***. Just had an EMG yesterday (for the first time), and the neurologist told me he saw nothing at all indicative of *** or any other issue. So I think I am squarely in the BFS diagnosis range at this point.

Here are the most annoying things for me:

1) The twitches - they aren't too bad after a year. Certainly not as bad as some in the forum. Mostly on and off in various body parts. The worst ones for me are the side of my face near my lip corners, although these don't happen too often. Low dose daily clonazepam has helped, with both anxiety and twitches, although the drowsiness is sometimes tough to deal with.
2) Muscle trembling and fatigue - Definitely feel more muscle fatigue and stiffness in my larger muscle groups like quads and shoulders. This is exacerbated by exercise. Nothing I can't push through, but my muscles definitely fatigue more easily than 1-2 years ago. Massage has helped, but I have a massage every 2 weeks and exercise 4 times or so a week.
3) Muscle shakiness - When I do resistance training, my muscles shake more than they used to. I can still move around a good amount of weight and havent lost any strength, but definitely more intense shaking of muscle groups than prior to BFS. This is really annoying, but not unbearable.

Anyone have the same sorts of things? Any tips/tricks to deal with the shakiness?
thequestion1

Re: question

Postby leaflea on December 14th, 2014, 12:31 am

No tips. This comes and goes for me. Is your "trembling" the same as "shaking" or different? I get trembling which are finer, probably invisible to even myself and the shaking, which would be visible to anyone.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby samuelmansano on December 14th, 2014, 12:59 am

yes, something I noticed is that after long walks or a cooper, it is as if the muscle fibers of my thighs they pop for a while until relax and that was pretty scary, of course combined with BFS came the weight gain and physical inactivity but I believe that my fatigue increased and after activity muscle tremors are common in me, :roll: , that's it I hope have helped.

sorry for my bad english :(
samuelmansano
Interested
Interested

Postby mikem on December 14th, 2014, 11:56 am

I am in the same situation, 3 years in. I too work out 4x a week and get muscle shakiness, stiffness and post workout pain. But my point is the daily low dose clonazepam. I did this for a year. .25mg/ day. After a year I went thru a nightmare trying to quit. Everything from breathing issues to cold sensitivity to rotating numbness. Everyone is different but be careful. I am 6 ft 180lbs. Any amount of clonazepam can be a lot if you take it everyday for a long time.
mikem

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 14th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Stress and anxiety always makes the symptoms worse. My advice is to actively pursue mental discipline training techniques for relaxation like meditation, yoga, or even hypnosis. Consider trying the guided meditation linked in my 'Meditation Challenge' post in the Support Group forum section. There is a quote I like. No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. Raise your consciousness to a more positive state and learn to process stress and anxiety into healthy outlets. Learn to let go, release, and forgive. Mental discipline is where it's at. Good luck!
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby thequestion1 on December 14th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Hi all, thanks for the feedback. The muscle shaking/trembling is during weight training exercises. Some muscles shake a bit when stressed and I don't remember that happening before (although I could be hypersensitive). It doesn't affect my strength as I can still push a good amount of weight and it isn't specific to one side or muscle.

Whether it's more trembling or shaking is tough to analyze
thequestion1

Postby Inimma on January 15th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Hi!A few thays ago and today happened something what really fcken scares me!!! I can't stop the twitches two times when i am tensioning the muscles, but generally it is work. Anybody feel something like this?
Inimma

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management