Been gone here for about 4 years and having a bit of a worry

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Been gone here for about 4 years and having a bit of a worry

Postby TJM24 on December 9th, 2014, 9:35 am

Went throught the whole *** fear about five years ago. Seemed like a distant memory now at 42 yrs old. Have been avoiding docs and health worries since then. I had the typical bfs presentation: woke up with odd sensation in my calf, and twitching in calves. Googled it and within hours had stiffness, cramps, and paralyzingly anxiety. Consumed me for the next two months till a neuro finally cleared me. This place was a godsend. Happy to see it is still going strong. Brings me to today. Woke up, standing there making coffee and I turn away from counter and realize I have this weird sensation in left leg. A feeling of weakness and muscle fatigue/oddness. Like I just got up after it fell asleep but not the bad tingling of aime that's asleep. Mainly in the calf but also hamstring. Feels like my leg wants to swing forward the minute I take a step. I can walk, run and sprint up stairs but the odd feeling is there.
My wife thought the dog slept on it funny. But I was fine for 10-15 minutes before I made the coffee and suddenly felt this sensation. My first fear was a stroke or TIA. But then the fear immediately turned to the dreaded a*s. Anyway, just seeking some advice and reassurance from some here. Having been through bfs youd think I would not panic over odd and didsent symptoms but this one has me a bit freaked.
TJM24
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Been gone here for about 4 years and having a bit of a w

Postby LKP1231 on December 9th, 2014, 10:46 am

If it was benign back then it would also be now. Sounds like maybe you pinched a nerve?
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby TJM24 on December 9th, 2014, 11:16 am

Yeah but no back or leg pain at all. Just a weird, heavy sensation when I move around.
TJM24
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on December 9th, 2014, 11:55 am

Could be just irritated. I bet it will go away as suddenly as it came.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on December 9th, 2014, 1:53 pm

I have had weird leg sensations as well. In fact dealt with them for months. No real weakness, but felt strange. I went to a chiropractor who helped me get rid of it. He called it parasthesia. I will have it once in a while, but now they are fleeting. It's probably back related.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group