Crazy butt twitches!

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Crazy butt twitches!

Postby LKP1231 on November 25th, 2014, 4:51 pm

It's not that I haven't had random butt twitches before, but today every time I sit down they're at it - both cheeks. My feet and legs seem to be on the increase too. It's pretty disturbing. I'm not going back to PT until after thanksgiving, haven't been since last Wednesday, but my thighs are still achy and my knees are sore. This all just makes me very nervous.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: Crazy butt twitches!

Postby physerv24 on November 26th, 2014, 9:13 am

Our glutes are pretty substantial muscles. That being said, it is not at all unusual for them to twitch. Mine do and probably 75% of posters here have the same. If it is considered a voluntary muscle, meaning you can control its movement, then it can twitch and most likely will at some point. No worries.

Vince
physerv24

Postby LKP1231 on November 26th, 2014, 9:30 am

Thanks. It just seems like the twitches are spreading upwards. I've had them everywhere but the feet and calves mostly and now the thighs (and butt) have increased. More in arms and hands now too. I love the first few moments when I wake up and there's just about none and I feel normal!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby dolphin8808 on December 2nd, 2014, 12:45 pm

My butt twitches too!!!! weird feeling :lol:
dolphin8808

Postby Xina535 on December 5th, 2014, 12:03 am

I have butt twitches all the time. I also appreciate those few moments when I first wake up and am silent (unless it is a twitch or jerk that woke me up). I posted that before, that there are moments with me, such as in a hot bath or Sauna, right when waking up and after an orgasm, or even Smoking the green stuff, that helps slow or help my twitching to stop, and others have posted that this could not be ALS then, since twitching with ALS is generally not affected by those types of things.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby readytocheckout on December 5th, 2014, 4:41 am

I've had this issue for several months too, but today has been crazy. Today has been mostly on the right side and I am getting dozens of twitches every minute for about 5 hours today. It's especially annoying while I'm seated. I was hoping that after almost two years of this rubbish it might start to settle down, but oh no, no way. Edit: Took some comments out about my gp visit, not fair to get annoyed with him for my twitching! This twitching storm is sending me round the bend.
readytocheckout

Postby LKP1231 on December 5th, 2014, 7:08 am

I only had them crazy that day. Now it's once in a while but the rest if my legs and feet are still going and here and there on the upper body as well. My thighs get achy and sore quickly and I'm still having tongue issues. It's just not fun at all and it's scary.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Xina535 on December 5th, 2014, 12:18 pm

LKP1231 wrote:It's just not fun at all and it's scary.

Yes. I'm constantly scared and worried. I try to change and have some good moments on some days...but it's not over. I have a twitch somewhere in my body every minute of every day. I think about those poor souls who end up with Parkinsons and of course others....who are constantly moving...I wish it all away for all of them and us!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS