Severe vibrations and tremors ... shaking is crazy!!!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Severe vibrations and tremors ... shaking is crazy!!!

Postby will97 on December 1st, 2014, 11:39 am

Hi all,

I havent posted anything here in a while as I know we all have our stories and problems, but I am here because I have been experiencing something new the past few weeks. It started with vibrating and pressure feeling in my left forearm/elbow area that would lead directly to my left hand kind of ''jerking'' or just jumping briskely. In addition to that, in the back of my left thigh, I have been having these intense vibrating sensation when I am sitting down... I cannot see these but I surely can feel them. I feel like there are some strange sensations in my left leg and I am starting to get worried about these again. In addition, when I straighten out my leg and hold it up in the air it shakes like if there was an earthquake or if I was sitting on a washing machine while it is on the spin cycle. My leg also hurts and feels like I would have worked out severly and there is kind of a burning sensation. When I straighten out my right leg and do the same, it doesnt even shale at all, its like if my left leg is getting weaker.

I am sorry to say that I worried and am reaching out to you guys again to see if anyone can relate to this or if I should call my neuro back and schedule an appointment.

Many thanks my fellow friends,
will97

Re: Severe vibrations and tremors ... shaking is crazy!!!

Postby Little Lost on December 1st, 2014, 5:46 pm

I have had these for years, was my first symptom of BFS. My neurologist says they normally are one of two things. Firstly fine deep rhythmic fasciculations can cause this phone vibrating, internal vibration feeling. Sometimes if you place the vibrating limb on a hot water bottle, the water will amplify the movement so you can get someone else to feel them by touching the bottle. It is rare though to see them.

Another explanation is that during anxious times in their life, people dwelling on their health may be so alert and scanning their body, that they begin to tune in to the normal background vibrations that are always there in all our bodies. The brain begins to pick out normal body workings it would normally automatically tune out. I.e. like static turned up too high.

Personally I think they are fine fasciculation deep in muscle. I had the internal tremors during emg of TA muscle and fasciculation showed up. A year later no vibration in TA and no fasciculations in that particular muscle.

Right now my right foot has been buzzing away for about a year and a half, never stops, 7 seconds buzzing on 3 seconds off, 7 seconds on, 3 off.........on and on. My left hand has been at it for about ,3 months. Both legs buzzed for about a year then suddenly one day just stopped as quickly as they appeared.

Tons about this symptom on this site if you put " internal tremor, internal vibration, buzzing, or even just mobile phone into sites search.

Try not to worry, I know it is hard.

Hx
Little Lost
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nathan75 on December 1st, 2014, 8:36 pm

Hi Will.

Nothing to worry about. Vibration feelings in limbs is a very common thing with BFS.

My legs have been vibrating/buzzing/shaking for the best part of 5 months now. They are actually doing it as i type this message. I notice it a lot more when i'm relaxing or in bed.

I've had 2 EMG's. The First EMG i had (6 months ago) was before the Vibrating/buzzing/shaking started, the second EMG i had was 2 weeks ago when vibrating/buzzing/shaking was very active - Both EMG's i had were fine.

All the best.
Nathan75

Postby will97 on December 2nd, 2014, 9:36 am

Hi guys, thanks for responding. I always appreciate hearing from you guys and I guess to some extent it helps to hear that others have or had some symptoms that you are having. I guess we all have our moments and for me I have actually been doing not so bad for a good while, but with this new vibrating feeling my nerves are just all over the place ... I need to relax and just ride the wave out and then it should be smooth sailing until the next storm hits again :)

Seriously, I appreciate for your responses guys and if evet you need a pick-me up as well, drop me a line!!!

Have a great day to all!!!

Will
will97

Postby Lasszucken on December 4th, 2014, 8:30 am

I also have this buzzing in my left thigh (very few times also in the right one, but very very rare), i think its the quadriceps fermoris, going on off for hours, though not 24h. Have this since two months now, drives me crazy . Disturbing while walking, just when i lift my leg , when that muscle isnt tensed, it's buzzing a few seconds until it's tensed again.

I hate it.

Greetings,
lasszucken
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics