Constant

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Constant

Postby LKP1231 on November 23rd, 2014, 4:30 pm

I can't stand this. All day long I have random little twitches all over my legs and feet. I feel like I can never relax and there is never a break. I'm not asking for any advice, just sharing my aggravation.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: Constant

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 23rd, 2014, 5:16 pm

You sound like a good candidate for the meditation challenge. :) I hope you join us.

Meditation challenge: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21252
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on November 23rd, 2014, 5:33 pm

I wish I could refocus long enough to try.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 23rd, 2014, 6:14 pm

So, no pressure here. I just want to reassure. Don't worry about the twitches or your focus as you go along. The guided meditation that I linked to on the page is a great one to just sit and listen along. If twitches are going off all over your body just let them be while you sit through it and listen along. You have to start somewhere and that is what the week challenge is all about. Anyone can meditate. All you have to do is sit there, listen, and follow along.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on November 23rd, 2014, 6:41 pm

Thank you. I'll try.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Jayden on November 23rd, 2014, 7:44 pm

Isn't this normal.? At least for me 'it is...and I also noticed i get easily aggravated ,maybe frustration...daily strees + bfs ...I feel you, and yes ...it sucks.
Jayden

Postby LKP1231 on November 23rd, 2014, 8:46 pm

It just seems that they're more persistent now and more irritating! That worries me :(
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby dolphin8808 on December 1st, 2014, 10:35 am

Same here, they are coming on pretty constantly and I am digging myself into that black hole of fear, so tired of it.....
dolphin8808

Postby RIno468 on December 1st, 2014, 11:16 am

I had an episode this weekend as well LK -- so you are not alone.

its a little maddening when you cant control it - or do anything about it - except watch and worry....

However -- for you - hold on to the clean EMG --

Do what you can to de-stress - it will go away or lessen hopefully soon.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on December 1st, 2014, 1:01 pm

Well if I had a clean emg I would but I didn't so it's that much harder to relax no matter what the dr claims
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on December 2nd, 2014, 5:36 pm

I do over 20,000 steps every day walking the dog with music and headphones on. Then i play crown green bowls (here in the uk bowls is completely different to what a bowling alley is) when im active and my mind is occupied like this i don't feel any twitches even though they never stop for a moment. I also like to swim or if i cant swim i stand under the warm shower ...again i feel no twitching or much pain. However when i'm sat watching the TV or just reading or talking or sat on a computer everything is off the scale like world war three as erupted.

My advice is to find a good coping strategy that focus's the mind away from your ailments, pain and twitching...its not easy but you will get there.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on December 2nd, 2014, 8:41 pm

Thanks. I don't notice twitching so much when I'm busy. The pain in my thighs is hard to ignore tho. I feel worse when I go to physical therapy it seems. I haven't gone now for 2 weeks. Trying to decide whether to go back. I went for a month and just felt worse.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on December 3rd, 2014, 5:14 am

LKP1231 wrote:Thanks. I don't notice twitching so much when I'm busy. The pain in my thighs is hard to ignore tho. I feel worse when I go to physical therapy it seems. I haven't gone now for 2 weeks. Trying to decide whether to go back. I went for a month and just felt worse.

I thoroughly recommend aquatherapy as its much less hard on our muscles due to the fact we are in water. I have great intolerance to heavy exercise , which previously never bothered me and what i find is it maybe a step forward but also it can cause you take 3 steps back. I also like to be outdoors with friends and family doing more gentle things and sports that i enjoy doing. Also remember that laughter and still enjoying yourself in good company is the best medicine.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group