Throat, neck

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Throat, neck

Postby leaflea on November 30th, 2014, 7:08 pm

It is interesting you write about terbinate reduction. I had never heard of terbinates until about two weeks ago! I have huge, swollen, red terbinate enlarged with a Concha mullosa. It wasn't there a few years ago - pre bfs. It is also on only one side. I suspect deviated septum. Tons of mucous also - from throat. I am wondering if bfs is responsible for this also? Reading up about it, there is mention of the parasympathetic nervous system. And I wonder about hyperexcitability. I suspect bfs has affected my autonomous, motor, and peripheral nerves, so why not parasympathetic too??
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby physerv24 on December 1st, 2014, 8:41 am

I had never heard of them either until my ENT explained the whole sinus anatomy. I strongly believe what you have suggested below. This condition does indeed affect autonomous, motor, peripheral and parasympathetic nerves. When you search the forums for symptoms related to these, you will find that many posters describe these symptoms. There are just too many commonalities that exist with us for this to simply be a symptom of "anxiety". In addition, I believe our endocrine system is involved as well. In my opinion our immune systems are under attack and our bodies are such a complicated yet perfectly designed machine that everything must be fine tuned and in working order or the machine will begin to break down. It seems to be a chain reaction that occurs. I don't know whether it was an undetected virus, infection or what but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that something triggered what is happening to us. There simply are not enough doctors who are willing to investigate it beyond the standard tests.
physerv24

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS