Tongue

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tongue

Postby LKP1231 on November 22nd, 2014, 8:02 am

So my tongue was examined at my neuro visit the other day and deemed completely normal. So why does it still seem like I'm not swallowing properly and why does it feel so odd? I don't feel like anything is in my throat and food and drink are fine. It's a regular swallow that just feels off. The other day I kept feeling like there were little pieces of something on my tongue but nothing was there.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: Tongue

Postby Yuliasir on November 22nd, 2014, 9:00 am

dear LKP1231.
same as for our Sadface fellow: cricopharingeal spasm, most probably
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricopharyngeal_spasm

it is very common here. Note that in the symptoms specific attention is driven to the fact that saliva swallowing is diffcult while food and other liquids are coming sdown in a normal way.
Feeling of foreign objects on the tongue (varies from 'sand' to 'hair') is also common paresthesia in anxious people. Comes in the overall anxiety disorder somatic symptomes set.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on November 22nd, 2014, 9:33 am

Yes sand! It felt like particles of sand. Just happened the one day. But I don't feel a lump in the throat. I can't even explain it. It's more that my tongue isn't doing it's job. My tongue also gets itchy and the tip gets tingly too. It just feels like it's pushing out against my teeth during swallowing and in general.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group