Starbucks is causing my tongue to twitch. But I NEED IT

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby emmie.s on November 20th, 2014, 3:53 pm

So, long story short: I stopped drinking coffee and stayed away from caffeine years ago due in large part to BFS. Now that its that frazzled time of year (the holidays with kids schedules and parties and doc appts and cold season and no sleep etc etc) I find that I NEED caffeine. However, my heart is starting to palpitate here and there (I already went to cardiologist which is a whole 'nother story) and my tongue is starting to twitch. PRAYING THAT IT DOESNT TURN INTO A TONGUE HOTSPOT. I know its the caffeine and lack of sleep. I know I need to cut back, but I'm starting to get withdrawal headaches when I do and I just feel so sluggish. A cup of coffee takes away the sluggishness, but then it causes twitches. I figure as long as I can get through to winter break and then get on a normal sleep schedule I will be ok, but I don't want to end up with 10000s of hotspots all over because I didn't stop while I was ahead.
I know I just need to slowly wean myself, so this is more of a vent than an actual request for advice (although any words of encouragement are appreciated!).
Also, to anyone else out there with real, actual annoying tongue twitches: I have some too.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics