BMS? And bfs

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BMS? And bfs

Postby Bibi on November 10th, 2014, 3:58 pm

I have twitching for 7 months now , had A clean EMG on left leg and arm 18sept. I have A stiff and unconfortable feeling in my Right leg , but because i have writers cramp ( dystonia ) in my Right hand The neuro Would not do an eMG on my Right side , thought that The EMG could be inkonklusive . For The last 4 weeks i have had The feeling of A dry mouth and in The evenings it feels like it is burning. I went to se The neuro today and he did A short clinical and looked A my tounge because i asked him to that . He Said i have tounge tremor but it looked benign. He dont want to send me for more test , but want me to come back in 2 months . He wants me to try some medication " akineton " to see if it helps for my dystonia in hand . He could see i am anxious and depressed and wants me to get some help for this , maybee A phsykologist and maybe tri some hormones ( i am 55) When i came home i looked for " dry mouth , and Found burning mouth syndrome , and i am sure that is what i have , and now i am afraid it has something to do with The other symptoms ( twitching , cramps ) as it was mentioned that there could be " neuro " background for this syndrome . Does anyone have these dry and burning feelings in mouth ?
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: BMS? And bfs

Postby mwagner on November 10th, 2014, 4:08 pm

Burning Mouth is often caused by a B12 deficiency. Have you looked into that?
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on November 10th, 2014, 4:15 pm

mwagner wrote:Burning Mouth is often caused by a B12 deficiency. Have you looked into that?

I have had B 12 deficiency but The neuro just Said bloodworks was ok , he didnt talked about b12 so i dont Think it is The problem
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on November 10th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Bibi you could try B12 anyway. My neuro recommended it as did my physical therapist even though mine was in range (but on the lower side). It doesn't sound like your neuro was very concerned about your physical symptoms so that is a good sign!!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Bibi on November 10th, 2014, 4:59 pm

LKP1231 wrote:Bibi you could try B12 anyway. My neuro recommended it as did my physical therapist even though mine was in range (but on the lower side). It doesn't sound like your neuro was very concerned about your physical symptoms so that is a good sign!!

I dont know what to Think about The visit today , i am sure there is something Wrong with me and i told him about my fear of als. He Said that it was unlikely , but i still Think that there is so Many coincidents ,that i cant believe it has notning to do with my nerves. I know i am anxious and maybe i also have A depression now from All this worrieng , so i Will speak to my GP and get A reference for A phsykologist .
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on November 10th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Your symptoms don't agree with als. There's things going on I know but it's not that. Maybe talking to someone will help you relax and your symptoms will lessen.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby physerv24 on November 10th, 2014, 8:37 pm

I don't have the burning in my mouth but sure do have the dry mouth. Like having a mouth full of cotton. Also, the more I talk, the worse the dry mouth is. I've made it a habit to keep some type of mints with me all the time now. Jolly Ranchers (sour apple) really help :lol:
physerv24

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS