New twitch and drooling symptom scare, can't sleep

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: New twitch and drooling symptom scare, can't sleep

Postby German2 on November 2nd, 2014, 1:16 pm

Dear Xina,

first thing I would do is to stop googling symptoms in connection to xxx. I never did that since a year or so. You see clearly with your wrist, what happens if you do. I am loosing weight since weeks. I wake up every night at three a clock and then running around for an hour. I have a hole body weakness since weeks, but I still can do all of my exercises. I really try to find other explanations for all of my symptoms. Otherwise I would go crazy..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 2nd, 2014, 5:29 pm

I appreciate your advice. I have been trying to convince myself that it's GERD or similar situation related...and if I wasn't freaking out enough before, my dad told me tonight when I talked to him for a bit on the phone that my speech was off. (Because I asked him). I told him thanks and now I am totally in panic :cry: He said he didn't mean to freak me out, he thought I had a couple of beers since I went to a concert tonight. I had 1 beer, about 5 hours ago.

I need help! I am in a bad way right now. I am scared of talking even, scared of being caught slurring...
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 3rd, 2014, 1:52 am

Hi, I wrote this thread as new with a picture of my tongue

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21185
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on November 3rd, 2014, 9:50 am

Xina,
by phone! Everybody sounds weird by phone :) and especially if you asked... people are going to say sometimes what they believe we would like to hear... So your dad might decide you are worrying about being drunk...

I mean when people would start to ask you to repeat what did you say face to face without being asked about that, then you probably may worry...not becasue your dad decided being asked that maybe you sound a bit strange in the phone.
By the way, your tongue looks like normal one of a very anxious person. Those waves on the sides are becasue of pressing the tongue agains the teeth too much.
you also are able to put it out and keep in right without deviations. Good tongue.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 3rd, 2014, 2:28 pm

Thank you!
About phone: I only talk to him that way, only see him like once a year and so he would be used to hearing my voice over the phone. I am like so-so with this. Sometimes when I talk I am totally confident and feel like I don't have any issues, but then there are times when I am so self concious and afraid to slur that I don't say anything.

By the way, I got more Omep and took one this morning. Although I still have excess saliva and am wiping, it's not like every second, definitely notice a difference. Feel better about that.

About my tongue: thanks for the compliment on my tongue , lol! I feel better knowing that pressing against the teeth is what makes these waves. I had no idea the tongue could be formed like that! I was flipping!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on November 3rd, 2014, 3:17 pm

it is very soft tissue and could be 'molded' into our jaws form :)))
good that you feel better now :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 3rd, 2014, 4:57 pm

Thanks! Oh, I wanted to ask....what did you mean by "keep in right without deviations"?
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on November 4th, 2014, 12:41 am

I mean that yur tongue does not deviate to any side significantly (which may happen if musle control is lost) and you are able to keep it protruded for a while which also is impossible if certain motoric control is lost (that is why part of neuro exam is to open the mouth and put the tongue out). So even the way you put it out suggests you have rather normal motor control on it.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 4th, 2014, 9:33 am

I see! Thanks!

Yea, I can definitely stick it out for long periods of time. Good news is that the minute to minute saliva wipe has died down a lot! Still dealing with it some, but not like the last 2 weeks.

Wondering why. Maybe a mix of these things:

Maybe my glands are more used to smoking now?
Maybe it stopped because I stopped the probiotics, other stomach medicine and the mucus thinner?
Maybe the Omep helped it to stop?
Maybe my brain just decided to stop thinking about it?

or maybe a mixture of it all
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on November 4th, 2014, 9:55 am

Xina,
maybe I missed that - you start to smoke?

holy lord and all sains, smoking is the reason no 1 to be flooded with saliva in first few days or weeks. Smoking hypersalivation is a perfect explanation ;))))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 4th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Yes, I wrote I think somewhere in my first posts that I was starting to take the new probiotic meds and also that I started smoking the "green stuff" which I purchased legally. To try it out since I am not taking any chemical anti-anxiety meds anymore. I never smoked in my life (may tried ciggarettes and marijuana as a teenager), so I am a very bad inhaler and can't even do it right. My husband is a ciggarette smoker so he helps me light the "green stuff" because I can't even do it right. So I do very very little, like on the weekends and if I had a bad panic day, then also at night in the week. It does not take much for me to be able to relax. But I started just about 2 weeks ago, right before this extra saliva started happening. It didn't happen to my husband, maybe because he is a lifelong smoker.

And this stuff that is sold legally here, also has tabacco mixed in it, so that is another new Thing. We really are thinking about not having me inhale any of this and to swtich to a cannabis oil or something like that. (and yes, this was all talked over with my psychotherapist who knows I stopped my Opipramol).

So that was our theory that my glands were not used to this at all and then because the green stuff gives you a dry cotton mouth that maybe when I was not smoking that my glands were hyperactive. ?? Only, I couldn't find any Information about this online...
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby JOHN1189KY on November 5th, 2014, 1:39 am

I had this same symptom last year. I'm certain I talked about it somewhere in this forum. Eventually after a few months it went away. I have experienced it a couple of times since then, but it has always subsided.
JOHN1189KY

Postby Yuliasir on November 5th, 2014, 3:26 am

Xina,
please please believe me your hypersalivation is one of the most typical reaction, especially if you never used any things like that before. It is trur for tobacco, for 'green stuff' and infact for any alkaloids inhaled.
Hope you would be relieved about this issue for now. In a few days or weeks nerve system (autonomous one which regulates your salivation) becomes used to the temporary boosts of alkaloids and you would not hypersalivate so much, exactly as it happens.
I was really sure you are taking something like new meds etc. but missed the fact that you are a fresh smoker! Your husband probably forgot his own youth experience when he started his first sigarette :))) so he could not give you a clue.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on November 5th, 2014, 7:42 am

Yuliasir wrote:Xina,
please please believe me your hypersalivation is one of the most typical reaction, especially if you never used any things like that before. It is trur for tobacco, for 'green stuff' and infact for any alkaloids inhaled.
Hope you would be relieved about this issue for now. In a few days or weeks nerve system (autonomous one which regulates your salivation) becomes used to the temporary boosts of alkaloids and you would not hypersalivate so much, exactly as it happens.
I was really sure you are taking something like new meds etc. but missed the fact that you are a fresh smoker! Your husband probably forgot his own youth experience when he started his first sigarette :))) so he could not give you a clue.

Thank you, this makes sense to me and I am way way way less worried. The salivation is also much less by now. I have an ENT appt scheduled now for 24-Nov to talk about all of my gastro and throat stuff. Finally!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group