Advice from a fellow twitcher

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Davey0720 on November 1st, 2014, 1:33 pm

To start I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night J/K. I am glad for this website it had helped me through a tough time in my life. I too like most began twitching nearly a year and a half ago. It was horrible and with the help of doctor google he had helped me discover a new fear. Now onto a little background for me I don't post here a lot but always view everyone's posts. I see a true fear everyone has. One good thing is I have read posts that out of the several thousand listed accounts on here only three had their worst fears realized. You got to add the several more thousands that viewed these posts but never felt the need to join in. I am currently a police officer and spent time in the military. Most of my family has spent time in the military in every generation back to the Civil War. A lot of my current relatives and I have had combat time and trust me I am well aquatinted with stress and anxiety. Let me assure everyone here from my experience no one here is dying of ALS I can promise you that based on one thing. Every person I had in my family or observed die of a deadly illness or you know.... all "KNEW" there was a problem. The doctors knew there was a problem and knew what directly to look for. I knew a few people with ALS and none had twitching as there primary symptom. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, GAD, and Health Anxiety. Most of my anxiety is manifested through my health for I am not afraid of the scary stuff that scare most of the world population. I have not had a good night sleep in years due to a particular incident and relive this event more than I care to explain. My wife and I went through marital counseling and he thought it would be good to explain what is going on in my world to my wife. She has never asked again why I am a changed man from when we were married. I am quiet and try to avoid crowds and I am envious of most who live life stress free. When it comes to twitching I still twitch Ive seen many doctors and a family friend is a neurologist. He assured me I didn't have ALS. I never got an EMG and I don't find it necessary. Folks I've seen to many people pass some were taken far younger than they should. I was told by a great man once a great quote " Tomorrow is never a guarantee but enjoy what you have today". God rest his soul he did not live long past that last time I saw him. The quote stuck with me even to this day. I like most here have my good days and bad days with my twitching and sometimes my mind gets the best of me hence why I'm still here. But advice from a fellow twitcher that has seen many great medical professionals one thing the "I KNOW" statement is something I've take myself back to. Doctors know and you know when you have something wrong that isn't anxiety. Big hugs for everyone here as I been there and you too will learn to let this fear go.
Davey0720
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group