New Adventure - just got cleared

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New Adventure - just got cleared

Postby Pascal35 on October 28th, 2014, 11:03 am

Hi to everyone,

Im currently in Germany for 3 weeks and wanted to check with an orthopedic about a pain i had on my right hip whenever i was trying to lift my leg (knee to chest).
Obviously my biggest concern was that it might have been due to a muscle that started to get weak etc...
Doctor proposed an MRI and the result was tendonitis BUT they found incidentally something that looked like TUMOR on my hip bone.
To cut the long story short i was 5 days under the impression that i had cancer. Luckily i had a CT Scan yesterday which cleared the air and showed that this is an anatomical damage of the area and nothing pathological.
With regards to twitching its still there in different spots and different times. Randomly.
This whole ALS fear is really uncontrollable and I'm not sure anymore what to do to get over it...
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New Adventure - just got cleared

Postby Xina535 on October 30th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Pascal35 wrote:Hi to everyone,

Im currently in Germany for 3 weeks and wanted to check with an orthopedic about a pain i had on my right hip whenever i was trying to lift my leg (knee to chest).
Obviously my biggest concern was that it might have been due to a muscle that started to get weak etc...
Doctor proposed an MRI and the result was tendonitis BUT they found incidentally something that looked like TUMOR on my hip bone.
To cut the long story short i was 5 days under the impression that i had cancer. Luckily i had a CT Scan yesterday which cleared the air and showed that this is an anatomical damage of the area and nothing pathological.
With regards to twitching its still there in different spots and different times. Randomly.
This whole ALS fear is really uncontrollable and I'm not sure anymore what to do to get over it...

I understand the fear big time. Sorry to hear about your hip, I am in Germany, near Düsseldorf, where about are you?
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Pascal35 on October 31st, 2014, 2:17 pm

Hi Xina,

In Cologne. We are close.
I am there very often as my wife is German.
In principle i think there are some great German doctors but the majority are real poor in medicine and communication.
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dolphin8808 on December 2nd, 2014, 12:20 pm

It truly can be never ending, can it not? Frustrating and scary all the same. I am sorry you went through that but happy you got the clear from a "tumor."
dolphin8808

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS