Cramps ? Anyone ?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cramps ? Anyone ?

Postby Bibi on October 27th, 2014, 1:12 pm

I am so nerveos because i easily cramps in my toes , i have had periodes of cramping before i discovered my twitching but because my neuro asked me about this symptom several times i am scared . I looked for others " crampers " on this forum , and Found some , but They dont post anymore and i wonder How things went out for Them . So i hope you see this and Can tell How you are now.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Cramps ? Anyone ?

Postby nrwtwitcher on October 27th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Dear Bibi, I have written a pm to you. You know I cramp a lot, sometimes. I have months with extreme cramping in toes and calves but after a period of cramping weeks, I have also weeks without cramping. The more I worry, the more I cramp. Cramping is a common part of BFS. I have cramps in toes and calves.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on October 28th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Bibi, I have answered this before, don't know if you saw it. Just now had a cramp in my finger. Last night as I prepared for bed, the left side of my back, and the right side when I woke up this morning. My left foot several times per day. Abdomen when I pull on or off compression socks.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Andreas on October 28th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Hi Bibi,

I have also cramping issues. Very common in my Abdomen, my feed and my toes. It needs only a bad move to get one in my chest.
It is very easy for me to get a cramp in my toes and my feet. When I sit on a chair and get my feet back under it, that is enough to provoke a cramp there......And now while the days are getting colder it is more easy to cramp.

As you can see, you are not alone with that. And my cramping was not present with the start of my twitching. It started a few months after that.

Oh, and my calves are also cramping from time to time but not hat often.

Andreas
Andreas

Postby emmie.s on October 28th, 2014, 4:11 pm

I used to get cramps and almost-cramps ALL THE TIME, mainly on my left leg and both feet. Now not so much, unless I stretch my feet out a certain way then the toes will cramp. I took some hyland's homeopathic pills (which I think had tiny amounts of quinine) at night, which helped. So did taking supplements, sleeping with a bar of soap (crazy I know), and acupuncture. I also have had finger cramps and even a forearm type of cramp before, about a year ago, which freaked me out. I told several of my neurologists about it and they just shrugged, and said it was BCFS.
Don't worry, it is a very common complaint among people with BFS, and even the general population is prone to feet cramps.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby leaflea on October 28th, 2014, 4:42 pm

And I also have heard that cramps are a part of hyper-excitability so they are somewhat EXPECTED with BFS - it was from a reliable source on this board in a private message
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on October 28th, 2014, 4:56 pm

leaflea wrote:And I also have heard that cramps are a part of hyper-excitability so they are somewhat EXPECTED with BFS - it was from a reliable source on this board in a private message

I am going back to The neuro Who ordered The EMG 10/11 , i hope he Will do A thorough clinical . I have some issues about my Voice and tonge , hard to explain , but i hope he Can help me put that fear to rest.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS