having a bad day...

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

having a bad day...

Postby RIno468 on October 27th, 2014, 3:51 pm

so the last couple of days my shoulder has been twitching. one day it was my left today it was my right.

It isn't constant, but with enough frequency that its freaking me out.

So of course in these moments of panic - i google, and read the pete frates story with upper body tingling -- (yes I know he experienced other symptoms as well)

I can feel them and then when i dont feel them, i'll look in the mirror and after a few seconds, one appears.

My strength hasnt decreased but I am a little sore (however yesterday was my shoulder day for workouts and I lifted heavy yesterday) so maybe its because of that.

I guess this is me just talking myself down from the panic ledge,,,

for the most part twitches have calmed down with the exception of the last couple of days....
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: having a bad day...

Postby LKP1231 on October 27th, 2014, 4:17 pm

If your twitches have calmed down and this happened after exercise it sounds to me that it's all well! And your strength is fine, that tells you something as well.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on October 27th, 2014, 4:26 pm

A bad day is only a bad day when we give the circumstances of that day power over our happiness. What we focus our energy and attention on, as well as what value we assign to our observations, are all factors. Many people think that they will find peace when the circumstances are right but in practice it is the truly happy people that find peace no matter what the circumstances are. I am sorry you perceive your day to be a bad one, but the power to change that resides with you right now and always has. Perhaps view the twitching as a reminder that you are alive.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby RIno468 on October 27th, 2014, 4:38 pm

LKP and Secret Agent -- thank you for your support -- it is just what I needed.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group