Pain in the left hand.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pain in the left hand.

Postby Arkansan on October 20th, 2014, 12:12 pm

This morning while watching television I felt that the muscles inside my left hand were very painful, the pain was worse if I put any pressure or weight on it and it got better if I relaxed the hand and rested it on something though it would still ache, all total it lasted maybe 15-20 minutes. The pain was worse if the fingers were stretched or bent somehow. Now there is a persistent ache in the meaty area around my thumb. I am also having achy pains near the elbow and above the wrist sometimes. I am having aches and pains all over my right hand and arm as well now.

I am afraid that the pain in my left hand was a cramp, I had a similar thing happen in my left foot that I posted about roughly 10 days ago.

The only thing I have done recently was that yesterday I mowed my front and back lawn and I use a push mower, so I had to grip the bar the whole time I mowed.

Am I just being goofy on this one? Anyone else have pains like this?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Pain in the left hand.

Postby Yuliasir on October 20th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Should it be cramp, then you would not be able to move a hand, flex it etc. You also would not be able to move your fingers deliberately.

My sister in law reported similar pains when he had acute nerve compression in her hand. Pain was suddent and so strong she was even cying. Increased when she tried to do homework, decreased when resting.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on October 20th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Ok now I am stressing out because I am having twitches in the palm of that hand. Is this something I should worry about? I have been going through this for 26 months now, does that many anything in particular?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics