AkuAku disease :)

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

AkuAku disease :)

Postby Yuliasir on October 15th, 2014, 4:28 am

When I was a youngster, I was fascinated with Thor Heyerdal's AkuAku, in which he described his expedition to Easter Island.
He noted that local people had believed that if they breach a taboo for certain sacred caves, then AkuAku, or a veird spitir of the place and a kind of familial warden, would torture them by ticking, pinching etc. until complete diability or mental destruction or death.

Well, breaching of taboo is a classic situation if which nor fight neither flight is impossible. So poor inhabitans soon will experience all kinds of stress disorder, namely I think, symptomes may include acute stabbing pains, sensory parestheisas (tickling, bug crawling) and, maybe, twitching. So looks like that is how AkuAku acts :)

Good thing was however that AkuAku were not ultimatley demons or devils but rather a kind of 'still small voice' which person could talk to and therefore relieve fears and escape spiritual punishment.

So for us is also good to talk to our AkuAku's and try to understand what this little voice is going to tell us. Probably it tries to warn that we had stepped over a certain line (in terms of work, stress, relationships, our own restrictions placed on us deliberately or unwillingly, etc.).
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: AkuAku disease :)

Postby SecretAgentMan on October 18th, 2014, 9:51 am

Very interesting Yuliasir. I have become very interested in that 'little voice' over the past few years.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: AkuAku disease :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)