after workout vibrations

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

after workout vibrations

Postby jwb33w on October 1st, 2014, 6:44 pm

I know I am new and still awaiting some blood results from the doc, but I can help but notice that after I jog or walk I get a vibration going through my left foot mainly, anyone else have this?
jwb33w

Re: after workout vibrations

Postby leaflea on October 1st, 2014, 7:23 pm

Yes, one of my main symptoms is left leg vibration, a deep fast twitch. Not necessarily after a workout, but almost constant, and more pronounced at rest - for 8 months! It WAS one of my most worrisome symptoms but now one of the most reassuring, because after this length of time, you'd think I have some damage from the twitching alone. I get some big muscle shakes DURING exercise and tiny muscle quivers afterward.
Last edited by leaflea on October 1st, 2014, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby jwb33w on October 1st, 2014, 7:29 pm

Yeah its mainly my left leg...I almost miss the regular twitches cuz this was seems more scary to me for some reason
jwb33w

Postby jwb33w on October 1st, 2014, 7:29 pm

Yeah its mainly my left leg...I almost miss the regular twitches cuz this was seems more scary to me for some reason
jwb33w

Postby leaflea on October 1st, 2014, 7:40 pm

This is a common normal thing we all go through. Try not to be bothered any more by one symptom or another, they all are a part of the hyperexcitable nervous system. I like to respons when folks post about this particular symptom because it actually seems to be not uncommon around here and yet very hard to find in the search function because everyone describes it so differently. Curiously, it is also often a left sided problem. I have it about 3% in frequency and intensity on the right side, but it is otherwise the same sensation but more of a phantom of it.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby jebmd on October 16th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Hi there,
YES, most of my twitching is on the left leg (I am right hand dominant), and it does get worse with exercise. It is very annoying and always triggers more anxiety. I have had 2 normal EMGs but the only limb never tested is of course the left leg because before, most symptoms were on the right, then in the left hand. Figures, that the only untested limb is the most bothersome for the last 4 months. I will see the neurologist again in December (one year from initial EMG and make sure that the left leg gets tested-maybe then I can relax a little.
I have seen a lot of people on this board notice increasing symptoms after exercise and they have decreased the intensity of their workouts as a result, and so have I.
Something to consider?
Be well,
J
jebmd

Postby jwb33w on October 16th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Yeah Jeb, I just had my first emg today..entire left side lower and upper limbs and right side para spinal muscles. All clean, but I stopped working out as much now because thats when they really flare up and I know not to be scared of them anymore, but they irritate the fire out of me
jwb33w

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS