Concerned about possible cramping.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Concerned about possible cramping.

Postby Arkansan on October 10th, 2014, 5:28 pm

Just a moment ago while walking my left foot and tendon type thing just above the heel of it started hurting terribly sharply. Like stabbing pains, very sharp. It hurt worse when I put weight on it, if I sat or lifted the foot off the ground it got quite a bit better but was still noticeable. I felt around on the foot when it was happening and the musceles didn't feel tight or anything, it just hurt. The worst of it passed after maybe 15 seconds, then it lingered for maybe another 20-30 seconds. Now the area around my ankle just feels kinda odd, like a little tight and kinda tingly.

Right after my mind went straight to worrying about ALS, then within seconds after that I was having twitches in both legs below the knee and in the feet. I am terrified that this is a change in my symptoms and something is wrong. I want to say that I vaguely remember having that happen before but I just can't say for sure.

Now in the name of honesty I have gotten very lazy here lately and have fallen out of shape again. However this week, like in the past 3 days I have been walking daily, one day walking at least 2-3 miles. My feet got very sore and tender while walking but it resolved within a few minutes of sitting down.

Anyway I am scared that this was some sort of cramp and precursor to something worse.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Concerned about possible cramping.

Postby Yuliasir on October 11th, 2014, 12:33 am

Anyway I am scared that this was some sort of cramp and precursor to something worse.

oh yes. Nothing could be really worse for a muscles and tendons than being left without a load for a while and then BOOM - you decided to load them again.
As per your description, it is not a cramp of any sort but rather typical pain in the tendon caused by improper physical load. I expereince that several times in a year really do not know why (I usually wear same shoes during this event as before and after, and I am practically so sitting person that a walk of half mile is a load for me), but this is definitely acute pain in the tendon, which lasts exactly as you describe, becomes easier with the rest and vanish completely in a few days or week.
We are just getting older. it happens.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby RIno468 on October 11th, 2014, 10:46 am

Rule of thumb -- if you have symptoms after you read something -- you are ok :)
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics