Smiling triggers cheeks twitch

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Smiling triggers cheeks twitch

Postby anarhist on October 9th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Well, when I smile my cheeks twitch, mostly the right side is like 98% and the left side is almost always calm and relaxed. I tried just smiling with left cheek but I am still not used to it. I really need your help.

Did a MRI, the result was that there may a problem in my right ear, need to so a CT but I believe it is not because of that.

Willing to try botox.. I'm lost and I want my 'normality' back, it stops me so many times from achieving things like kisses on lips, some of my humour, alot of my confidence, came from nowhere about 7-8 months ago.
anarhist

Re: Smiling triggers cheeks twitch

Postby RIno468 on October 9th, 2014, 7:14 pm

i just tried it and my right side twitches and shakes a little when i smile.

Weird.

Anyway -- do the CT and report back here -- could be anxiety -- could be something in your ear -- you are on the right track at least.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on October 10th, 2014, 12:04 am

This seems to be what is called a Chvostek sign and means you have hyper-reaction of fascial nerve (maybe even only lower branch of it as you report that only cheek is twitching not the whole part of the face). Many people here have it, and in such relatively moderate form it is caused most probably by either pinched nerve or just by stress. People with overall hyperecitable nerve system (as most of fellows are) demontsrate this sign easily and it does not mean nothing particularly bad.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby RobJ on October 11th, 2014, 8:27 pm

I do have occasional twitching in face. I do twitch sometimes when I smile hard or when I spit hard out the window while driving.

I wouldn't worry about it.
RobJ

Postby Xina535 on October 13th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Hi, I get this too. Not all the time though.

Also, wanted to ask: I can also get twitches triggered by movement, any where in my body. SOMETIMES I can get them to stop by moving again or changing position. What is that? Anyone get that also?
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby guitarguy11 on October 13th, 2014, 5:35 pm

I have this happen. Movement or stretching sometimes will cause a twitch. I think I have had twitches after smiling, but not often. I especially notice twitching after movement in bed in the mornings.
guitarguy11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group