Some clarification of report and visit to PT

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Some clarification of report and visit to PT

Postby LKP1231 on October 8th, 2014, 11:00 am

Well I don't quite understand the whole report but it seems that my right arm has carpal tunnel and the left has ulnar neuropathy. Those don't concern me. The areas affected on the legs I don't quite understand but I guess he says it matches the disc issues. In his diagnosis it states that he explained to me that his findings are not consistent w *** and to resolve the issues with PT and vitamin b12.
I went to the PT and it was odd that my right arm, where I've felt the least problems, had trouble pushing up against the therapists hand. I'm right handed. I doubt it's the cts bc that's not arm strength. That freaked me out.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Re: Some clarification of report and visit to PT

Postby RIno468 on October 8th, 2014, 12:31 pm

the mind is a powerful thing.

The devils in the details -- for you quite literally.

Go through the PT -- and wait for THEM to tell you something is wrong.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on October 8th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Well I'm unfortunately hit with a lot of confusing details. I wish I could understand his reasoning for ruling out so I could feel better but I just don't understand. I guess I'll see the other doc and hope he can make sense for me without giving me a scary diagnosis.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby RIno468 on October 8th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Heres the thing with what you have going on -- you can see a 2nd doctor and they will tell you you are fine, but you won't accept it.

You MAY be ok for a couple of days but then will find something else to worry about --

YOu need to deal with your anxiety.

ALS is a ultra rare disease -- add that on to the fact your husband had it -- what are the odds a husband and wife could get als ?

Its very very very very very low
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby LKP1231 on October 8th, 2014, 7:06 pm

My current husband and I both had the same kidney cancer in the sane kidney 2 yrs apart. You never know.
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby trustme78 on October 9th, 2014, 2:34 am

Randomness can strike everywhere. Your former husband having had ALS doesn't increase nor decrease your chances of getting the disease.

You had an EMG and they ruled out ALS. I have a sheet of paper after my EMG yesterday and I don't even look at it. I don't care if some values are borderline nor do I understand or question the details of it anyway. They gave me the verdict of no MND and that's it. Think about it - how afraid you were before your EMG, how you promised to yourself and to us you wouldn't question it and here you are now....

There is simply is no path for you that leads out of this misery if you can't accept what your doctor tells you. Your doctor ruled it out based on his experience, based on exams and tests, based on his yearlong education. He may have done a bad job at describing his reasoning to you but I doubt you find someone on an internet forum like this one that comes up with valid points to overturn your diagnosis.

After all this weeks and months dealing with this and reading and thinking about this extensively I came to the conclusion that the first step out of this is to accept the fact that this is not rational thinking.

In your case: You are questioning your dx. That's ok. Lots of people do that. But you need to look at yourself and see that this is the problem. That you need to find a way to change this thinking of yours. Right now you seem to think the solution is to find another doctor with another EMG machine and then everything will be better. I hardly doubt that.

Sorry for the harsh words - I really would like you to become better.
Take care
Volkmar
trustme78

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group