My twitches ONLY happen when my body is at rest

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My twitches ONLY happen when my body is at rest

Postby Poppy on October 3rd, 2014, 4:11 pm

Ok here's the deal, I've been having twitches for almost two years.. It started in my toe and now it's everywhere.. Fingers, biceps, thighs, foot, face, just everywhere.. 90% of the time it happens when I'm laying down completely still, sometimes when I'm sitting.

Also this happens that I noticed... Say I'm laying still and hours go by with not one twitch going on but once I say move my arm or leg and then put it back to rest it starts twitching... As if me moving that part did something that is making it twitch, but I have to put it back to a resting in order for it to twitch.. If I keep moving around it won't twitch.. Also if I roll over and then stop moving I will get all these random twitches all over.

I sometimes feel unsteady on my feet so I think it might be Parkinson's.

Can anyone relate ???

Had every test done under the son and everything normal
Poppy

Re: My twitches ONLY happen when my body is at rest

Postby RobJ on October 3rd, 2014, 7:39 pm

Poppy, it happens all the time. Rest or using the muscle. No such thing just at rest. You can't feel it when the muscle is in motion but it's happening at that time also...it's the nature of the axon.

Parkinson's is diagnosable by dr. If you think you have Parkinson's go to doctor and get tested....it will take about 2-3 years to diagnose you unless they biopsy your brain.

My mother-in-law had Parkinson's or one of the Parkinson's syndrome....she wasn't diagnosed with Parkinson's until she was 6 months from death. She went 5 years with the doctor not saying a word about the disease....he just said dementia...then one day it was Parkinson's...reason for death was dementia...so 1 year later after her death, even with all her medical records, we are still not sure if she had Parkinson's.

I think what I'm trying to say, is that you have no idea what you have or if you even have anything, nor would a doctor at this point...go on and enjoy your life!
RobJ

Postby RIno468 on October 4th, 2014, 11:36 am

All my twitches happen at rest
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RobJ on October 5th, 2014, 8:09 am

Rhino, do you twitch when you stand? do you twitch when you sit? or do you only twitch when you are laying completely at rest no muscle activity what so ever?
RobJ

Postby Poppy on October 5th, 2014, 10:34 am

RobJ wrote:Rhino, do you twitch when you stand? do you twitch when you sit? or do you only twitch when you are laying completely at rest no muscle activity what so ever?

I rarely get a random twitch in my finger when standing... mine happen when laying in bed completely still.
Poppy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS